Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Lately (with pictures of course)

One morning as I washed the dishes I noticed a tiny little bird popping in and out of the grill through a very small egg shaped hole in the side. I went out to find this start of a home for her wee ones. I felt extremely bad that I had to foil her attempts, however Joe's remedy would have been a fiery one so I think I was being a little more gentle. The next day when I had to remove a 50% completed nest from here again I wondered just how long they wait to build a nest before they lay eggs? Was my taking down her second nest causing her to have to lay her eggs without a warm home?? How cruel was I??? But I wanted grilled chicken for dinner :o) After removing a completed nest attempt #3 the next day I think she has finally learned that a gas grill is a foolish place to build your house.




Spending a low profile day at home is just what the Dr ordered for me these days. I sat in the front yard and read (well tried to read) while the girls played and rode bikes in the cul-de-sac. It was a nice, warm, breezy morning that ended with lunch at their new (Christmas present) picnik table from Grammy and PaPa! It has spent the last 3 months in daddys trunk and I had completely forgotten about it until it was rediscovered by the 3 of us girls and immediately set up for use!



About a month ago I was shopping at Hobby Lobby and bought these baskets that were originally $2.99 for 50% off! A much better price than the baskets in the Easter isle that although were 40% off were at least $8 to begin with... and those were the ugly ones. I decided that these were simple, adorable, and with 2 spools of ribbon for $1 a great art project! And now they (and "baby") have their first Easter Baskets!



As for an update on "baby" as Annie calls her (and I love it!) she is really starting to throw some jabs. They are more painful than I remember, they feel like she has a sword in there, it seriously makes me stop at catch my breath. Its usually when I am doing an extreme position change like standing up... well sorry child but stand I will! Until I can't. Which has now happened. Ugh. See, I had this pelvic pain. The Dr diagnosed it Symphysis Pubis disfunction where the bones of the very front of my pelvis are lovingly rubbing up against each other and therefore causing some daily discomfort. Not enough to want to spend the recommended $ on going to see a physical therapist I got wise and emailed a professional cousin of mine to kindly inform me on a few PT exercises I could do for this disorder. I received a full exercise regime from him in my email the next day and because they were easy enough, I did them. And then I couldn't walk... I do believe I pulled something in the front of my leg that is now aggravating the round ligaments to tense up and it all joins in one giant pain in the groin ending with bone crippling, that's not supposed to move that way, pain that makes me unable to walk!

It has only gotten to the unable to walk point twice this weekend but one of those days was NOT after working a 12 hour shift. So I can not figure out what the pattern is and simply avoid it. No, lifting, no sitting, no standing, no crawling, no yoga??? What is it!?!?!

I woke up this morning Pain Free after last night was almost to the no walking point!! How frustrating but wonderful. I decided I was going to be smart and take it easy. No sitting on the nonsupporting couch, no yoga or exercise of any type, no barefoot, no lifting or carrying babies and no letting myself get dehydrated. I had very minimal pain by nap time. Because I had such a low profile morning I wasn't tired at all but told myself that since it seems to be better after a full nights rest that I would lay down during nap. I ended up sleeping for 45 min and woke up with almost no pain. Soooo I will continue on with my day and pray that simply being sensible and possibly giving up the yoga that I have really enjoyed doing for the past 2 weeks will keep me on the move for 12-16 more weeks!

No comments: