I have always wanted to learn to crochet. I am an eighty year old lady when it comes to my love of doilies and though I don't own any I have always wanted to learn to make them. A few weeks ago on a slow saturday at work a friend was crocheting a hat for a preemie in the NICU that she had delivered the before. She taught me how to make the hat and 3 tiny little hats later I think I have the hang of it! I decided to branch out because I have ALWAYS wanted Annie to have a beanie with a flower on it. So I made a newborn hat and then watched youtube videos and learned how to make this!

Now I just need to learn to make a hat that fits Annie instead of her baby doll!
8 comments:
woa! you made the flower part too? you better get on it, I expect one for my little girl too! And then Dora will be jealous....
Good job! Knitting/crocheting are on my to do list someday too.It's nice you have little girls to make them for, even matching ones.=)
your love for doilies made me think of this recent wedding post: http://100layercake.com/blog/archives/6562 so let me know when you make a million doilies so I can put them together over a gorgeous green dress and call it a day! (And then perhaps after that I will need you to to crochet a beanie with a flower on!) But first things first...
I want one! I want one!! I'll pay top dollar, too!
While I was on bedrest with Levi I went out and bought everything to learn to knit a baby blanket. Well that lasted all of 2 weeks trying and retrying and I was getting terriable headaches. We realized it was from me trying to knit for hours on end with no luck. So his blanket is still a ball of yarn in a basket! Maybe I will have it done by time he turns 21!
LOVE LOVE LOVE THE HAT!!!!!!!!! Also wanted to let you know that I am back to blogging! See you soon!
LJ wants one too!
They are gorgeous!
I say set yourself up a shop and churn those suckers out!
There you go following in your mama's footsteps again!
Post a Comment