I teased yesterday that I was going to turn into a hermit but then I thought I have always been sort of a hermit. I like my alone time, I like just being by myself (with my girls of course).
However I just realized something comical, I have been way more social this week than normal!
Saturday Betsy and I spent the morning chatting while she snuggled my little baby, then she helped me load the babies in the car and I headed to Joe's moms for Fathers Day lunch with George. That afternoon my friend from work came over to snuggle Mia and we chatted for a few hours while Joe worked on George's fathers day present. Sat night his parents came back over to share the dinner that friends brought during the day and later that night Kelly's friends came over to play!
Sunday was Mia's first day at church (she slept through the whole thing) and we celebrated a fun Fathers day with my dad. Joe and I left my parents house around 6:30 and I was EXHAUSTED! I thought that it made sense because I had started my day early and hadn't stopped. But now thinking back my Saturday was crazy as well!
Monday we had the men that Joe coached basketball with, and their wives, over for dinner. We really enjoyed ourselves, Joe had grocery shopped sunday night, helped me clean the house up before they arrived and he grilled, I made some cheese potatoes and everyone brought stuff so I didn't really have anything to do to prepare.
Tuesday the girls and I crashed my parents small group picnic while Joe played softball and we had a lot of fun playing and chatting with friends.
Last night we went to our old small group picnic (we are currently between sg's) and pool party where I sat and passed Mia around while I chatted with the Ladies and Joe and Annie swam for a long time with the men and children! Annie is such a fish and I am so grateful!
Today Laura is coming over with Eva and Claire to play for the day and tomorrow my mom and her friends are coming over bright and early to help me sort through my flower beds (finally!) we are going to weed, thin, and trim! I will let you all know if I have any interesting flower left overs but the worker bees get first dibs on what we thin out!
Saturday we have friends coming over in the morning and afternoon and then we are heading to my parents for another cook out!
This post is making me long for resting on Sunday! But man am I having fun!
On a side note I headed to Old Time Pottery yesterday. It was my first errand-type outing alone with the girls. I was VERY anxious on the way there I just kept thinking of different scenarios that could happen (Annie having a melt down, Mia having a blow out, both having a melt down) I had a hard time enjoying perusing the isles looking for treasures and ended up feeling over heated and shaky causing me to steal a few of Annies cookies and we headed home after getting three packs of scrapbook-type gift tags, a decorative tin for my Living room shelves with two blocks of the styrofoam stuff and two bunches of ivy totaling me a whopping $3!
I will leave you with this adorable picture of my girls
Annie has finally landed on a name for her new sister... Mahnnie. I guess since she calls herself Ahnnie her sister must be Mahnnie!

2 comments:
You can come to our small group. But it might be to far. But we would love to have you.
ha! Mahnnie? I love her. I was just thinking yesterday how busy you've been for a woman who just had a baby. I say go for it if you're able and you don't melt down!
Post a Comment