Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sisters

Sisters meeting for the first time

Annie's response to Mia's arrival has been interesting and pretty cute to say the least. I am not surprised about how much she likes looking at her and holding her. She has been loving babies lately and she really likes having her own here in the house.
When she saw her in the hospital she wanted to hold her immediately and when she did she poked her in the eye and stuck her finger in here ears and ended up scratching her forehead in a moment of uncontrollable excitement!
Although she has said Mia a few times it was always prompted. For the most part she points and says "Nick Nick". I didn't really think that she though it was Nicholas just that is what little babies are all called. However after a while I wondered if she did indeed think it was Nicholas :o) When we ask her where Mia is she will point her out but she has yet to say her name. She actually attempts to say Amelia but it comes out in a jumble of a's and l's and its really funny sounding!
For the most part what I hear a million times a days is "Ina oldit" which I finally translated into I want to hold it! It took me a while. I thought she was constantly asking for yogurt (which just shows you how jumbled up her word for yogurt is :o) I felt bad constantly telling her that she had to wait to hold her because she was eating and she would get mad because I wasn't sharing. So I decided to incorporate what we say when you want to take turns. I tell her Mommy is holding her now and she can ask to hold her next. So now she comes up and says NEXT!

She went through a box of hand me downs with Kelly and I so now every time I fold laundry or get an outfit out she says "Awwww" or "cuuute" :o)

Although we have been dealing with more than regular melt downs and little tantrums it has not been too bad. Its just exhausting to have to teach her a lesson and pick her up off the floor every time you tell her to do something. She has definitely been Daddy's girl which is nice because he is the one who should be picking her up and carting her around right now anyway. I don't think that she has any sort of problems with us bringing Mia home I think it was just a rough few days of us being gone and then a bunch of new "no" rules that came along with a little baby in the house. It hasn't even been a week and she is already showing signs of being her sweet little self again!

No comments: