Lastnight Joe and I unpacked a few of the remaining boxes that were in the Dining room waiting on the repair of the hutch that got broken in the move. As I was trying to make things look nice in the hutch and on top of the buffet I was frustrated because I couldn't make it look nice. Nothing was flowing. I tried to find pictures of what it looked like at the old house but I couldn't find any. So everything just got placed with the hope that it didn't look completely awful.
Joe had opinions about where everything should go and it was frustrating me that he cared! Then he hung one of my favorite decorations in the kitchen. Its a painted sign that says "Life is hard, but God is good". He hung it about 6 inches too high and I almost started crying! I really fought off the tears and tried to let it not matter but it did! I was SO concerned that every time I looked at it I would be frustrated with him and I didn't want such a lovely sign to make me think negatively towards my husband!! He noticed that it was too high and asked me if it was. I told him I thought it was but I didn't want him to move it. I will admit to you that today I didn't even notice what I thought would be an obvious eye sore! What made me go to bed in an emotionally huffy mood wasn't even an issue today!
While Joe was showering before bed I decided to go back on my blog to a year ago and read what I was up to and what I was thinking about. Simply hoping to have a sentimental moment... what do you think I found? A post with picture of my Dining room hutch and sideboard complaining that I don't like the way I have them decorated and asking for advice on how to arrange the items that I have scattered about!!!! How ironic is that??

3 comments:
After Anella was born I started a new way to deal with my brain after 830 or 9pm~ don't listen to myself and see if I still care in the morning. exept stop caring again around 1 and wait until after 330. i'm tired a lot. :-)
I am pretty sure the lovely lady who gave you that sign wrote on the back that you can use it to spank Joe!!!! LOL. Take it in stride. This to shall come to pass. I remember feeling like a totally discombobulated psycho on some days. Like Krissy I use the same method now for my special time of the month. Except my version is to wait 3 days and see if I still care. Usually I cannot even remember what I was upset about. :)
Ohhhh, the post partum teariness. I remember sitting on the couch watching TV with Mom and Sylvain every night for a week after the baby was born, and I'd start getting anxious and teary at about 7:00 on the dot every single night! I tried so hard not to cry, I could feel it coming and I would tell myself, "you're being silly, don't cry don't cry don't cry!" all it took was one of them saying, "what's wrong?" for me to let loose and wail about....what was I wailing about? every night? I can't remember. Oh sheesh, Katie, I feel for ya. Good luck, girl.
Post a Comment