I am also overwhelmed by His provision to me and His numerous blessings. Being the topic that Pastor Brad has been preaching on lately it is consistently on my mind as well. After he preached on how we should respond to the disaster in Haiti, the summary I took away was: Don't question God, He allows things to happen that aren't always good. Thank him for the blessings when you receive them and don't question Him when you receive pain. If you are a child of God then you can get through whatever trials he gives you and still praise His name knowing that this life is temporary and that you will be in Heaven with Him someday.
However through this message I have also realized that though He has chosen to bless me greatly, He doesn't have to! He could choose any instance to be the hardship that I have to go through. He could give me a valley at any time.
In my times of pondering wisdom and thanking Him for blessing me with the ability to think, decide, and act according to His opening the doors of opportunity, I automatically think that blessings will be the reward or end result. However I am painfully aware that He could choose to grow me with some trials that in the END turns out to be a blessing in my life.
So now I am going to ask you my dear readers. Now what do I do with all of that? Is the answer simply to trust?
I am obviously thinking about the current major decision to sell this and buy a new house because lets be honest when I am not thinking about wisdom and blessings I am thinking about buying a house!!! And here is my current predicament... We pray for wisdom, we use the wisdom that we have been taught along the way. We honor God in staying within budget and not getting greedy, we lay out to Him the desires of our hearts, we ask for elderly godly advice. We do our research and trust those who have more wisdom than we do on certain subjects. We thank God for his timing and provision of this wonderful house thus far. We are honest in our end of the business part of the deal. And in the end we expect a blessing! Is that wrong? Will God say yes sell your house and then choose to try us by us not finding another one to live in? We have the short term covered, Joe's sister has graciously offered to let us live with them if we have the need for a little while. I see that as a blessing so that we don't have to worry about having a roof over our heads and we also don't have to waste His money on two mortgages etc...
So as I type all of these worries out I wonder, is my next lesson that I need to study and ponder a lesson on trust?
Love you,

2 comments:
I think it can be about trust as well as defining expectations--I dont think it is wrong to look forward to a 'blessing' as long as you recognize that blessings come in all forms! Which I think you and Joe both realize that--blessing doesnt necessarily mean a house, it could mean you learn some other lesson through all this but remain where you are at. That is where trust comes into play that whatever and however the Lord choses to 'bless' you, you can rest assured that it is for your good and His glory (dunno if my ramblings make any sense but yea..)
I understand wanting a big sign or God's voice saying "SELL"or "BUY THIS ONE!" but I know that God doesn't work that way. When Justin and I put up our house for sale, we prayed about it and asked God to sell it if it was His desire, not ours alone. When we found a house we really liked, we prayed in the living room of that house and asked God to not let our offer go through if it wasn't the right house for us. Our offer was accepted and then we had a dilemma, what to do with our current house. Since we only had our house for sale by owner, we decided to list it with a realtor and continued to pray, asking God to guide us. Two weeks later our house sold and we ended up moving in with Justin's parents for a month before we moved into our new house. During that whole time we continued to pray but also didn't get our hopes up in case that wasn't the house for us. Trusting God, we knew He would show us where He wanted us to live. He will show you where He wants you to live too.
Post a Comment