Monday, February 22, 2010

20 Weeks + House Update

Well for documentation purposes here is a picture of me at 20 weeks. I am still trying to wear my old comfy long sleeved shirt that I "adopted" from Joe when we were dating :o) Its getting just a little snug. At 20 weeks along with Annie I felt cute, people were still saying "you're pregnant?" when they saw me and it was spring time so I was wearing less sweatshirts, coats and sweaters that tend to hide pregnancy a little longer.
I don't feel cute at all this time, I miss the cute feeling. I just feel huge, fat and tired. I decided that my diet may have something to do with that and the fact that I am not making it to the gym nearly as often. I need to start eating better but I am in such a rut of wanting to eat crap all of the time! Nothing sounds good so I tend to eat potato chips until I am not hungry any more and then I have the "I need a coke" moment and it tops off the crappy feeling. So I have decided to just turn to the vegetable/fruit drawer or eat a small meal even if its not "lunch time" yet so that I dont eat half a bag of chocolate teddy grahams!

I also must update you all on the house story. I can't remember what I have posted so far so forgive me if I am repeating myself.
We accepted a contract on our house on a wednesday and on saturday we put in a bid on the house in Cold Spring that we really love. They countered and we accepted and signed a contract on sunday night! So in a matter of 2 weeks we had listed our house, sold our house and bought a new one! And that was just about 4 weeks after the Lord had put the idea into our heads!!!

We had an inspection on our house last friday and the report came back decent, just a small list of rather annoying things that my husband has to fix before closing.

The inspection on the Cold Spring house was this morning and Joe was present for the walk through in the end. He said it was much better than he had anticipated and that we will get a more complete idea when we get the report. Which should be in the next few days!

The most interesting/confusing/problematic part of the story is that we close on our house in the morning of Wednesday March 31st and we close on the Cold Spring house in the afternoon. We both give and get occupancy at closing. So we will have to pack everything up on Tuesday and spend the night with it sitting in the truck outside his moms house. Then we can move it all in on the 31st or 1st whichever makes more sense.

HOWEVER we are going to have a HVAC system installed as the new house does not have air conditioning and has base board heating. We are also going to lay new carpet and paint the entire thing! Here is the kicker.... 6 weeks ago we purchased tickets to Phoenix for a vacation with our friends! We leave on the second of April!!!!! Our plan is to simply store all of our things in the basement and in the Living Room and Dining Room because they have hard wood floors that we are not covering in carpet. We will HOPEFULLY have the HVAC installed while we are gone for the week, and when we get back we will work VERY hard stripping wallpaper and painting and then have carpet laid while we stay with Joe's family for the week!

So if you dont have anything going on the week of April 11th and simply love to strip wallpaper or paint come on over because it will be a party!

I know I will want to die that week but the Lord has blessed us so much so far how could we not be excited about it???

6 comments:

Lauren said...

So glad both inspections went well! For what its worth the wallpaper at our house came off MUCH easier than we thought it would and took far less time than we thought it would!

Gina T. said...

That is awesome news on the houses! If you need a HVAC guy let me know. Dave has a great friend in the business.

krissy said...

"then I have the "I need a coke" moment and it tops off the crappy feeling"
hahaha. i laughed at this one. i can hear you saying it with your annoyed sarcastic voice. hahaha.
I think we use the same HVAC guy Gina mentioned and would recommend him also.

Pocket said...

Moving is never simple, is it? So glad you guys got the house you wanted, and even though it will be hectic, it sounds like you have it all planned out! Take advantage of that baby bump and make other people do all the work!

the Pie family said...

congrats on the house selling/buying! so glad it went quickly for you. and the potato chip/i need a coke thing- i am feeling the same way, and i am not even pregnant- now what does that say for me? :P you look GREAT, if it means anything! :o)

Kimberly said...

I'm so excited for you!!! And, let me reassure you, despite how you feel - you're adorable!!! And I think it's so precious that in this pregnancy picture you can see Annie running around. :)