Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pathetic Pregnancy Addictions

I am exhausted! I have no other way of putting it. I have no humorous lead in, no cute short story to sum up the shear tiredness that is me. The nice things about it is that I am a huge bum and so I don't commit to a lot of things. Also the snow has been an excuse to not go out. I have been trying to get a few things done a day so that when I sit on my couch trying to decide between perusing blogs and Internet scrabble vs watching TV I at least feel a little bit better about myself because the dishes are done!
I have good days and bad days, today is a bad day, I woke up tired! My baby is being nice so far (knock on wood) and is taking a long nap. So I have been able to get a few things done as well as lay on the couch mindlessly with no one to chaise.
I do have one slight guilt factor but honestly I am too "whatever" to even care. I think I am the only person on earth who becomes addicted to full sugar, non diet, rot your teeth out, caffeine addiction Coke during pregnancy! I really, really, really like it! I need it! I must have it. I can't decide if its the sugar, caffeine or carbonation that I crave. I tell myself that its the caffeine but honestly I think that its the mixture of all three all wrapped up in what my husband would call "sweet heavenly nectar" (only to him that means mountain dew...YUCK!)
Anyway I honestly am good with one glass a day so I don't worry about it. I am sure its not good for me or this child I am housing and I think its hilarious when my newly delivered patients at the hospital practically drag their epiduralized bodies to the vending machine for the Pepsi that they haven't had in 9 months! I just laugh and shake my head at my sad addicted self.
So as I sit here in a messy living room eating corn chips and drinking Coke and thinking about things that I should be getting done I thank the Lord that I have nothing but time to lay here and feel this small wonder go crazy all doped up on caffeine in my belly!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I feel ya on the Coke addiction (haha that sounds really bad) Pre-preg I was only a diet coke drinker but I decided the least I could do was not drink aspartame so I started drinking Coke and uhm it is amazing and I wonder why I ever drank diet? Our babies can have ADHD together at least ;-)

the ashley family said...

YES! You know that song "All I Wanna Do is have some fun..." I've replaced the lyrics with, "All I wanna do is lay a-round".

Gina said...

I spent several pregnancies worried about what I drank and ate. Then with Levi I decided to eat and drink what ever I darn well pleased (well I was only allowed to have 1 caffine a day) and all turned out wonderful! If you want chips and coke then I say have it:~)