Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

This morning I made it to the gym which is a HUGE accomplishment for me these days as I have been so stinkin' busy. I had a lovely work out and it felt good!

We headed over to Big Lots (love!) to pick up some wicker baskets that I had seen a few weeks ago praying that they were still there. They did have them although they were NOT Big Lots prices I still got 4 of them because I figured that I would have spent that amount elsewhere and they are super cute! I will take a picture of Annie's now Martha Stewart/Southern Living magazine cover closet! It is the closet I have always dreamed of!

The laundry in the basement was semi tackled as was the storage space in the attic thanks to my husband who lastnight took a truckload of stuff out of the attic to his sisters basement to store. I also cleaned out our coat closet which the contents of are now on the Dining Room table :o( There was a LOT of crap that I had no idea was in there!

We are no longer "that house" as the Christmas decorations have been taken down outside just in time for the Sibcy Cline Photographer to come Thursday!

After showering and a snack that Annie politely refused we chilled in the living room for a while. Earlier Annie had gotten out two brand new identical decks of cards and spread them around the room so as I was sorting them and talking to Kara on the phone I smelled a stinketh coming from my child. A few min. later when I went to chase her from going up the stairs I found that she had leaked out of her diaper and pants and it was in her socks!! So I took her immediately to the bathtub and stripped her down and gave her the second bath in an hour! Upon returning downstairs I found a HUGE puddle of poo in the corner of the living room where all of her toys are! So I had to wash toys and scrub her playhouse, wash doll clothes and mop the floor! It was the most disgusting thing I have ever done! I am really scared that she has the bug that has been going around everyone including my family however she ate a little bit for dinner and she is sleeping soundly so only time will tell....

Now after dinner and a Jeopardy College Championship break I am off to do some more organizing!!

But before I do I think I will share what I learned in my bible study this morning.
I am studying Proverbs and it was talking about the teaching that your parents have instilled in you and the wisdom that you gain from studying the word and the blessings that it will have in your life, a light, a guide etc. The study asked me to compare where it said "wisdom" and where it mentioned "heart" and how they relate. My conclusion was that you make decisions from your heart and if you store wisdom and the commandments and teachings from your mother and father in your heart then you can be confident in your decision making. Along with asking for guidance from the Lord you can trust that he will aid you in your effort to make the right decisions. I put off making important decisions because I am afraid I will make the wrong one or that someone else will think that I am making a bad decision. I think that unless I hear something audibly from the Lord that he hasn't given me a clear answer (darn I have never heard him audibly!) and that I am shooting in the dark with my decisions. This study was such an encouragement to me. I feel so very blessed to be a child of Christ and able to have his guidance. I am overwhelmed by the blessing He has given me in my parents and the Godly wisdom that they have instilled in me. I feel like I can now make confident educated decisions in life without feeling like I am making them all on my own hoping that it was the right thing to do!

I have really been praying that this whole house thing would be the Lords will and that he will make our path straight (although it may be difficult and uphill :). I really want to honor the Lord in our decisions of which house to buy or possibly build and the process of selling ours. I feel confident in the Lord so far and pray that I will continue to have the confidence of his hand guiding our search.

Love you all,

3 comments:

kara h said...

wait. where are the pictures of the closet?

the mama said...

I'm so pleased at what the Lord is showing you. What a joy!

the mama said...

You've dreamed of closets?