Friday, February 19, 2010

Drumroll Please!!!!!!

Her little face was smooshed up against the placenta and she took the entire time to get her to move and open up her legs!

It's a GIRL!!! I am ridiculously excited! I feel a little guilty however because I know that my husband would like to have a boy someday and I wished and hoped and prayed that this would be a girl so I feel like its a girl because of me :o)

I know that it indeed is a girl because of me and I my wishing and hoping did not change what genetically happened at conception. But gosh I am sorry I have such dominant chromosomes :o)

All this time I was convinced it was a boy too... Oh well!

I also must add the conversation that Elly Beth and I had last night:
Me: "I am so excited I get to find out if this baby in my belly is a girl or a boy in the morning!"
Elly: "wellll Is it a boy baby?"
Me: "I dont know I have to wait till tomorrow to find out"
Elly: "but how will you know, you cant see inside your belly"
Me: "Well the hospital has a machine that can show you inside your belly"
Elly: Willlll it be wearing clothes, like if its a girl baby will it be wearing purple?"
Me: HA!! (wheels turning mind racing) "Ummmm nooo we will just look at its potty parts......."
Elly: "Oh!"
It was one of the most adorable EB moments ever!

So now I get to pick out a name which I LOVE to do and I don't have to waste time on trying to find a good boy name. You see I was putting off 50% of the arguments and crazy looks that would have happened between Joe and I by not talking about it till we knew the sex!

The arrow is pointing to the girl parts :o)


8 comments:

Pocket said...

Katie, you are braver than I! You posted your daughter's girl parts for all the internet world to see. Now when she grows up and needs thousands of hours of therapy, we can all look back and say, "Well, you know what her mother did, don't you? Poor girl never had a chance."

Hehe. Just kidding. I almost posted our "up the skirt" pic too. I still can't believe they can figure that out!

Congratulations on baby girls! I bet your Mom is just giddy about it! And I have to say, July is a great month in which to be born!

Brenda W. said...

Congratulations!!!!

Now I can make her towel. What color was Annie's ribbon, so I don't duplicate? I know, I should have kept track of those details....but I didn't!

krissy said...

I'm glad you posted that convo with Elly because I was going to. love it.

I thought the man always decided the gender?

Kate said...

Oh YEAH! Silly me HE decides if there is a y present or not! Well its his own fault then! :o)

running shoes said...

Yay, Annie's going to have a seester!

Oh Elly Belly! That is too precious and definitely Kara's gene pool.

Potty Parts??!!! That's genius. I must call them that from now on.

Now what's this about Brenda making you a towel?? I may just have convince Tom we have another baby to get one.

Gina said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome and I look forward to hearing the wonderful name you pick out. I love potty parts. Never would have thought of that myself!

the mama said...

I think she looks just like me! I'm so thrilled we get a grandson and now a granddaughter in 2010! Perfect!

Susan Holt Simpson said...

How wonderful! Congratulations on having another beautiful daughter! Ah, to see 'girl parts' on an ultrasound....