Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Am Housewife Hear Me Roar

I get thrills out of checking things off a to do list, this is not news to anyone around here. I frequently find my status updates and blogs listing the things that I accomplished in one day just to take credit for it, though you my friendly reader probably did just as much at your home with more children underfoot than I have! However the past few days have been such a blur of cleaning, scrubbing, boxing, organizing, fluffing and sprucing that I cant even remember what all I have done. However if you were to step foot in my house right now (remove your shoes please...jk) you would find shiny surfaces, missing dust bunnies who claim this address as their residence, lines in the carpet, and a smell that makes you think cleanliness rather than poopy baby bottom masked by Lavender room mist :o) I have yet to make more than a bottle in my kitchen in the past 2 days and I am trying to figure out how I am going to live in a balance of being show ready and dwelling in this abode for however long the Lord has in mind for us. I am sure I will slowly slide back into some sort of normalcy however for right now I am trying to gingerly lay on my couch so as to not squash the cushions that I spent time so lovingly fluffing last night... go ahead and laugh at me I am :o)
I will share one story from this morning just for records sake.
I saved sweeping and mopping for this morning so that everything would be lovely for our 8:45 showing. Joe and I were up at 6:45 with the first showing jitters and not willing to hit the snooze for fear that we wouldn't get enough done. I mopped and started to open all the blinds, as requested by my realtor. My mom told me not to wash the windows, she said that with all I had to do please don't worry about the windows. I decided that was worthy advice and so I only washed the 2 places that had Annie drool on them from watching for her Daddy. So at 7:00 this morning when I opened a blind that hadn't been open in 6 months I found that a bird had pooped through the screen and onto the window. Well of course I couldn't just leave it, and I couldn't just wash one out of the 3 dining room windows. So I began washing, I finished up with the poopy one and when I folded in the huge convenient window to wash it the whole thing broke off in my hands!!! It of course fell and left huge gashes in the window sill just after my husband finished touch up painting until 2 last night!! I went upstairs in an angry huff to tell my husband and he calmly replied..."I will fix it"... and he did... just like that! I couldn't believe that a HUGE window broke off in my hands as I was trying to just finish up a few minor details! Oh well!

I will leave you with the aforementioned closet divine. The picture doesn't do it justice, but yes Momma I do dream about closets if they are the Martha Stewart kind!

I am off to bed... I am housewife hear me snore!

3 comments:

krissy said...

shew!!
just make a list now of the necessary things you like seeing done and save it for later when a realtor calls and tells you someone wants to see it in 30 minutes and you're trying to figure out what is the most important thing to do.

the mama said...

GREAT advice!
Now, if ANY of my closets looked anything like that I just might dream of them also!

krissy said...

Hey, your listing looks great!!!