Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Yesterday

*****"All my troubles seemed so far away"**** No no wait that's not what I am writing about!
I wanted to share my day with you! Guess what..... nothing significant happened and it was wonderful! I was looking forward to yesterday soo much and I was not let down! I think I am writing to the right crowd here and you are not saddened by my overwhelming desire to stay home and clean, organise, restock and just be a stay at home mom!
I decided to start my day out slow. Let things happen as they would. I have been trying to keep the TV off in the morning. I used to get up and turn on the news and then it would lead into the stupid morning show where they only talk about Tiger Woods and John & Kate. Why do I care!!?? All I want to know is the weather and if anything truly important happened so that I keep up a little on current events. However Obama sucking and Health Care bills are no longer current events but old boring monotony that I have decided to ignore :o) The TV seems to slow my morning down greatly. It makes me sit instead of move and start things that need to be started like laundry and dishes.
So after feeding Annie her bottle I... Loaded The Dishwasher! What is it about unloading the Dishwasher that is so horrible to me? Its not like putting away other things where you have to find a home for them. All of the dishes have a home and they reside not 5 steps away from each other. Yet I procrastinate emptying the dishwasher for so long that the dirty ones fill up the sink and I have a gross mess on my hands that only makes me put it off longer. So one of my goals is to keep the dishwasher cycle up to date. Empty it when its clean and fill it back up even run it before its jam packed and will make life more convenient.

After showering we went to the Grocery store (sans makeup and if you know me you are truly amazed at the laid back state I was in) which I hadn't been to in 3 weeks and with snow coming I keep worrying that I didn't buy nearly enough food even though I bought the same amount I buy every week.

Upon returning home I put Annie down for a nap and did a few loads of laundry and took the lights off the tree so that Joe could take it out when he got home. I also managed to clean my bathroom which I dont even want to think about how long that has been!

Then I sat down to rest because my stinkin ribs were hurting and mostly just make my body tired of holding itself up.

For dinner I made yummy Garlic Chicken. We love garlic chicken. Everyone I know loves Garlic Chicken. I found it amusing that even though I hadn't been to the store in so long with all the staples I keep stocked all I needed to make a meal was cream :o)

When Joe got home he rescued me and took out the three bags of garbage that I had piled next to the back door because I didn't want to go back out in the cold all day long. Then he even took the tree out and played with Annie while Kelly and I cleaned up piles and piles of pine needles. I decided that even though it is depressing to take down the christmas tree at least it still smells wonderful while you are doing it.

So now today I have only managed to go to the gym and empty the dishwasher however that is what you get to do when you have such a productive day, a lazy day!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for productive days! :) Ps I love how my blog name is Lauren/Jessica :) How funny/cool is it we went to nursing school together and wound up at the same church. God is fun :)

Gina said...

I know what you mean about the dishwasher. I hate unloading it and it seems Dave always brings me a whole load home at once it seems overwhelming. I also hate folding laundry. I dont mind doing it or putting it away but I would do anything to get out of the folding part. But I am glad you had a productive day!

The Talberts said...

Ha. I smiled when I read about how you don't like to unload the dishwasher. My sister in law (Jess) and I always roll our eyes at each other at family meals when we open the dishwasher and realize it needs to be emptied. We both hate that job (and apparently she's not my only sister in law to hate it!). I don't quite understand it, either. But it's a terrible job.

Sounds like a wonderful day!

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Kate - send me the recipe for garlic chicken --- please!

Lauren said...

holy busy batman!! I am going to just read your blog and pretend that I am being as busy as you since a busy day for me consists of wathcing a movie on netflix and straightening my hair haha--and we too struggle w/ the dishwasher... i HATE HATE HATE cleaning the kitchen as does the boy so we often let it get beyond the point of yucky!

wabisabigirl said...

Hate it too, though it makes no sense as you so clearly said!

How do you make garlic chicken? Could you post the recipe? Sounds good:)