Monday, January 11, 2010

Garlic Chicken

By popular demand the recipe for Garlic Chicken.

WARNING: You had better like the smell of garlic in your house for a few days when you make this meal!

Garlic Chicken serves 6

6 Boneless Skinless Ck Breast
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
3 Tbsp butter
8 Cloves of Garlic minced (cut this down to 5-6 if they are large)
1/2 C Chicken Stock
1 16oz pkg Bow tie Pasta
1 1/2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp parsley
1/ 1/2 Tsp basil
1 C heavy Cream'
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 C Parmesan cheese

Put ck breast between plastic wrap (I use heavy duty freezer bags for less mess) pound to 3/8 inch thickness (I just pound on it for a while till it looks smaller)
Salt & pepper and coat with mustard set aside for 10min. ( I dont measure, I just squirt mustard on to lightly coat the ck)

Preheat Oven 350*. In large skillet over med heat melt 2 Tbsp butter and cook ck until brown not cooked through. Transfer to ovenproof pan and bake 10 min until cooked through.

Melt remaining Tbsp butter saute garlic about 2 min, do not allow to brown. Add ck stock simmer until liquid reduces to half.

Cook pasta, drain, add 1 1/2 Tbsp butter, parsley & basil ( dont measure these either, I just sprinkle with spices) Cover to keep warm.

Add cream salt and pepper to stock simmer over low heat until sauce reduces until it coats the back of a spoon. (halfway through this process I put my chicken into the sauce and let it soak up the creamy garlicy goodness) Serve over pasta, sprinkle with parm cheese.

Notes from the chef:
I like a lot of sauce with this dish so I usually add a little extra broth and cream. I make the same amount of sauce for this recipe but use only 4 ck breast. I don't measure the mustard or spices either. I like to serve this with a non garlic bread since it is so very very garlicy.

4 comments:

kara h said...

now i'm starving.

i like to serve a crusty bread with dipping oils with this. mmmmm

Shannon said...

I think i'll make this; and I like your comments on the recipe. I recently sent out a chicken noodle soup recipe and on every step I noted how I either add more or less or do it totally differently... i guess it wasn't much of a recipe!!!

Lauren said...

uhm now I want garlic chicken--too bad it would stink up the entire OB floor for the next 2 weeks haha

wabisabigirl said...

thank you:) can't wait to try it, cup of heavy cream and all!