Goodness, I think this is quickly going to turn into a bullet point blog post. I was going to just blog about some pregnancy details. Then I found a link I couldn't pass up sharing. As I thought about how to begin I thought it would turn into a stream of consciousness post when I quickly realized that I have big news so this is an
official bullet point post! I love
bullet points, they make it look fancy :o)
- I am 16+ weeks and though I feel like I started showing a month ago, I don't think the bump has grown much since then. I finally got motivated enough to take a picture of the bump. I vividly remember taking my first bump pictures last time however I couldn't remember how many weeks I was, looking back I was 11 weeks and I realize now that I didn't really have a real bump and that this time I looked like that before I was pregnant!! ;o) I am eagerly awaiting feeling the first flutters. It should be happening here soon!

- Here is a link to a money saving blog that I follow that has the most complete list of kids eat free nights at restaurants that I have EVER seen. I have never been able to find more than skyline and goldstar around here! http://thedomesticchick.blogspot.com/ check out the list on the sidebar!
- Joe and I went to look at another house this week. We really liked it although it was a repossessed house that needed a lot of TLC. We had big plans for not only finishing the amazingly huge basement but also doing some major renovations on the first floor as well (it was a ranch!!) It was in THE PERFECT location and in spite of sitting on the side of a hill it had a nice yard. I found it Monday, drove by it Tuesday, called John Wednesday, went to see it Thursday, put in an offer that afternoon and found out we didn't get it by Saturday!!
We were really praying that everything would happen according to the Lords plan for our family. Because it was a rehab it was inexpensive and therefore we humans could have made it push through without being considerate of what God had in store for us. After our offer was turned down our wonderful realtor suggested that we go ahead and list our house. We have put in offers on two houses now and in both of them we were standoffish and a little reserved with our offers. It was suggested to us that if we were serious about moving and since we have been looking for a while now we should go ahead and list our house so that we can get a feel for how ours will sell. To my amazement in the Lord I was/am completely at peace about listing our house! I have never been ready to list our house. I love our house I just hate living in the city and I am ready for Annie and I to have a yard to play in.
So we are in the process of listing our little love nest :o)
- I am a minimalist, I dont keep anything, I will throw you away if you stand still too long. However that doesn't mean that I don't live with someone who keeps things just because. Mostly clothes and things that I cant tell what they are like electronic gadgets. So I get points for not having to put much away off the counters and such in order to show the house. However there is SOOO much that I need to put into storage. Our closets are RIDICULOUS because we don't put away our out of season clothes and I haven't really packed up much of the stuff that Annie no longer uses because we are blessed with space in this house and I know that I will be getting it all out again soon. However it can't be teetering on the edge of the closet shelf when a stranger opens the door to have it fall on their head! So tomorrow I start the purging, organizing, storing process. Luckily I am in a nesting sort of mode and I LOVE organizing things. Plus there is a lot of crap in this house that I have been wanting to get rid of for a long time so I am excited about the opportunity to have a reason to make me do it! As a bonus I found storage containers at Home Depot for $3.50!!! I have never seen them that cheap! They are ugly colors but its just a container right?
So that is a little update on our family. If I don't blog for a while do me a favor and come looking for me under a pile in one of our closets!
2 comments:
Congrats, Katie! Hope all goes well with the selling and the buying of houses - so exciting! I know what you mean when you say you love organizing. When I retire from teaching I want to organize people's houses and classrooms for a living. It's my favorite thing to do!
your realtor is hot.
Post a Comment