It turned out to be one that brought me to tears many times as I caught onto her blog just as she (to make a VERY long heart wrenching story short) traveled to Boston by herself leaving her other 3 small children at home to do a procedure that would either save his life or end it. During her short stay and before the surgery was actually scheduled to happen her baby stopped breathing and went lifeless in an emergent ambulance ride where she watched screen after screen of her sons heart with asystole = no heart beat at all. Then just as suddenly as it stopped his heart started again and he regained his color! This was all happening while her husband was in flight to join them in Boston and unreachable and the child went into the emergency procedure while this woman that I only know as "MckMomma" sat alone waiting for her husband to land and the news of whether or not her child was alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God blessed their family that day and the procedure never done on a child so small worked and he is now SVT free and healthy!!! I love to read this woman's blog because she is real, she posts about her feelings when her marriage is rocky and praises God for his hand in it. She posts lovely things about her children with messy faces and all.
This week she made a comment about the desire to make yourself look & sound better than you are on your blog and facebook statuses. Instead of "I just spent the day baking and making cookies with my children" try posting "I just spent three hellish hours in the kitchen trying to bake cookies with my kids and now I have a messy kitchen and children that I was so sick of I sent them all off for naps an hour early just to regain my sanity!" I have to admit I am guilty of doing that often. But I tend to have these fairy tail pictures in my head of making an art project and coloring with my little girl only to have her throw a fit because I can't figure out what she wants and she can't talk and she ends up throwing all the crayons on the floor just as her father comes home and rescues her from a serious beat down :o) Instead I have a picture that she managed to color during the process and my facebook status says "coloring with my baby on this snowy day" Oh PUHLLLEASE!
Anyway MckMomma is also a photographer and I LOVE her for it! She makes me crazy wanting to be a better photographer and its so frustrating not having the knowledge about my camera or the time to learn. She has a few VERY helpful tutorials on her blog and I have learned a lot from them.
She is fun, very eclectic, lives in the country, home schools, cloth diapers (not a desire of mine) and is a fantastic blogger, very captivating. So I invite you, my known blogging friends, to join me in admiring MckMommas blog art.
http://www.mycharmingkids.net/

3 comments:
Kate,
It is a small world. One of the ladies in one of the online support groups that I moderate live in a tottaly differnt part of the US and she emailed us to pray for Stellan during his surgery. I remember this well and remember checking in to get updates and praying, praying, praying for this family. When you mentioned the name it sounded familar so I went to her site and sure enough it was the same person. I havent kept up with them once I knew he was recovering well from the surgery but it is good to see him walking! God does perform miracles and this little boy is living proof.
In honor of her I posted one the other day of Buddy and I in our pajamas, no shower and messy hair and me with no makeup. :) I appreciated her blog that day, too!
It is truly a small world (made smaller by mommy bloggers:) because I have a friend from high school who lives in GA and knows them and had a link to pray for Stellan.
You're so right...there have been days when I've been home alone with my 3 kids all day, desperately wanting to ENJOY them, but really wishing their dad would get home sooner so I could run away!!! And then you read blogs & facebook where everyone sounds so happy and blissful and it can be discouraging (especially when they have their gorgeous pictures as proof!). I'm sure there's a balance there somewhere, but I also like to read sometimes that everyone else feels as crazy as I do!
Post a Comment