Sunday, January 3, 2010

Catching Up : End Of The Year

I can't believe how these past few weeks have FLOWN by! I kept reminding myself that I was making the decision to do all the running around that we were doing. However I couldn't help but wish I could just be at home where it was quiet and enjoy the season. I have been seriously busy every day doing things that I decided I couldn't give up. Annie's whiny attitude is an unfortunate result of all the running here and there that we have been doing. We spent Christmas day at my moms and headed to Owensboro to visit Joe's grandma that night. We returned the very next night and I had come down with a serious cough that I caught from Annie. We spent Sunday at my parents house because Mom and I were starting on The Best Christmas Surprise Ever!
My Grandma Edna (who passed away in may) was an amazing cook. She didn't believe in recipes and therefore had a very small recipe box. However mom and I copied 20 recipes that she had written down and scrapbooked a recipe book/photo album with pictures of her growing up. We finished 4 books (20 pages each) in 3 days! I spent all day Monday and Wednesday at her house and we finished them in time to take them to my Aunts and Uncle in Indiana.
I worked all day Tuesday and sometime during the course of the day managed to dislocate a rib from the pesky cough that I am still fighting! I found there was nothing anyone could do about the now extremely painful to cough/sneeze/lift rib damage however demanded a z-pack in desperation.
Wednesday night was spent celebrating Christmas with the Glenn family which is always an enjoyable time where Kelly got our 85 year old Grandma to admit that she would get a tattoo of our cousin Kevin's name with a heart around it because he is her favorite!
Oh yeah and I managed to remember sometime Wednesday morning that it was our 4th Anniversary and my husband surprised me with beautiful passion roses when he got home :o)

I spent Thursday at home making some sense of order out of the chaos that it was and doing a bazillion loads of laundry so that we had something to pack for our trip to Indiana for New Years weekend. Thursday night I took Annie to Joes moms so that we could go to Dinner to celebrate our Anniversary. I made 5:30 reservations at Walts Hitching Post which is a favorite of mine, with plenty of time to eat before I was on call to work from 7-1am! After finding out that it was unlikely that I would get called in we decided to head to Krissy and Johns house for a 4+ hour long game of Settlers! It was a super fun way to ring in the new year!
Arriving home at 2am we quickly went to bed so that we could get up the next morning and head to Indiana!

Friday we had our annual new years day party in the shed at Uncle Joes where we had 2 Turkeys, Ham and Chili along with tons of other food. We also received the best Christmas gift of all. The little girls all got new baby dolls along with doll clothes that my Grandma Viola made for them! Then my sweet grandpa decided to give all his granddaughters one of the Hummel figurines from his collection that my Great Grandma Nellie gave him. He was going to will them to us but decided that he would rather see our reaction to having them and he wasn't disappointed! He also gave his 3 guns to his 3 grandsons who were also extremely thrilled!

Saturday we cooked a dinner tribute to Grandma Edna of all her most famous dishes. She was soooo good at making Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Chicken and Noodles, Chicken Broccoli Casserole and Coconut Cream Pies! So we all pitched in and made an amazing dinner!

With all that said you can imagine my extreme excitement that the only thing on my calendar for this week after work tomorrow is an OB appointment on friday :o)

Annie and Joe's Nephew Brady had matching Christmas Jammies

Annie after her nap I took her outfit off because she was hot but she wanted to wear her new Pumas from Aunt Charlotte :o) Look at those chicken legs!

She was so cute with her stocking Christmas morning she was very excited

Mom, Aunt Reg, Aunt Lan Kara and I Making Grandma food :o) (oh yeah p.s. my baby belly has officially made itself known)

Never too old to snug with the Grandpa!

5 comments:

The Talberts said...

Wow. How incredibly action packed! But what a sweet way to spend the holidays - surrounded by family. It sounds like a wonderful time. I'm glad things are going to finally slow down a bit for you.

krissy said...

what a terrible picture of GG! You better hope she never reads your blog or your toast!

the mama said...

Only that picture of you and grandpa will make up for the picture you've posted of GG!

joehendrix said...

Reg POSED for the picture that way, just to let us know how she felt about all the cameras in the kitchen.
Are you sure Annie (chicken legs) & Annella (chub legs) are related?

the mama said...

I love it!