So I received a used car seat that I am uncomfortable using. Don't get me wrong I appreciate free things so I currently have it installed in my car. However I have no idea how old it is or how to properly install it. Some dear child over the years has torn every single sticker off of this seat so I have no guide as to where to put the seat belt or how far to recline it. Also the straps are all folded over themselves and so they dont slide very well. So I am researching this car seat and it seems like it is expired. Did you know that car seats expire? I didn't. So as I am doing my research I think "am I being ridiculous about this?" until I find this picture that some car seat freak of a mom had on her post and I couldn't help but find myself a little more normal.

When I make Annie sit in a booster at 12 years old then I will know I am rediculous!
4 comments:
Oh my goodness. Yes, by puberty they are too old for carseats.
Ha. Yeah .. you know when you're strapping your daughter in her car seat to take her shopping for her first bra, you're probably a little neurotic. And yeah .. our infant car seat expires this year. We're planning on tempting fate by using it just this one last time.
All I can say is...wow.
You should be able to go to any police or fire station and have them inspect your car seat to make sure it works properly and is installed properly...at least you can in the great city of Edgewood. Wouldn't hurt to call first of course.
:)
Post a Comment