Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Little Bit Grinchy

My Christmas mood is directly related to the weather. I have just realized this, plus, is it just me or does it seem like everything is late this year? I feel like we JUST celebrated Halloween, wasn't it just yesterday that we played in the tractors during harvest (sorry U. Joe that one is true)? I feel like I missed Thanksgiving and I am being force fed Christmas and I am just not ready yet! My Christmas feelings are directly related to cold wintery weather and I'm sorry but its still just wet and gross and I have yet to wear my coat! I bought myself some Chai two weeks ago and it just sits in my pantry unopened because I simply can't get in the mood (plus sadly hot drinks repulse me right now). I am TRYING to get in the mood, I keep having little pre Christmas feelings, I went shopping and I thought that worked, but it only lasted a moment as it was 70 degrees the next day! Then we put up Joes moms christmas lights and I thought that would work... but I played in her yard in my tshirt with Annie and Carter in the 70 degree weather and that didn't work either. Joes mom put up all of her decorations and it feels fake, like christmas in july or florida (admit it Melissa christmas in ky is so much better than vegas :o)
So I am doing what I can, I borrowed good christmas music from the library, I bought Annie a stocking, I have my pine scented tart warming in the dining room and I am cleaning my house one last time before decorating, because I have to be dust free with mopped floors before I can decorate so I can at least do that much.
But I will admit it is beginning to depress me a little. I am usually right there with Kate and Margie counting down the days and decorating my still fresh pumpkins with santa hats! Oh woa is meeee!





2 comments:

Gina said...

Hopefully it will come for you soon. I was at the store yesterday and felt about 30 seconds of the Christmas joy but then it was all lost again. I do have my tree up but still not feelin it.

The Talberts said...

I admit it. In fact, you will never hear me say that anything in Vegas is better than it is in Kentucky. Well .. maybe late night eating out options. But with little ones, we don't really have the two a.m. all-you-can-eat-seafood cravings. :)