
I had an ultrasound today just to make sure everything looked alright. I considered not doing it because of the cost and if I can put things off until the beginning of the year it would be cheaper because the bulk of my medical expenses would be in the same year which is better on the old deductible. But who can say no to an early ultrasound? Certainly not me, especially after the 5 I had with Annie :o) I also HATE the US tech at my OB office. She is soooo impersonal! Personally, as someone who frequently gets "close" to pregnant patients I think that the person should
1. Introduce oneself
2. Give adequate warning that the object is coming
3. Turn the FREAKING ultrasound screen towards the patient!!!!!
This woman (same as last time) says "I will look at everything I need to see (for the next 5 min) then I will turn the screen towards you and show you what I see"! NO! That is ridiculous, there is no reason why you cant do what you need to do with the screen turned so I can see it also.
Needless to say I will, like last time, schedule my 20 week formal scan in the Seton Center and NOT in my OB office. But little .5cm piece of rice baby is doing just fine and I have an official due date of July 8th however June 25th sounds nice to me (I had Annie at 37weeks 5days :o) Annie came to the appointment with Joe and I and Joe introduced her to the picture on the US as her worst nightmare. hehe. He also cracked jokes about her eating a pb sandwich while mommy was in stirrups. Why do I ask this guy along for these things?
So I came home and started making a grocery list and doing some serious coupon searching. I had a goal to save some serious cash today. My total before coupons was $145 my total after coupons was $88! However I stood in line for 30 min+ while the incredible slow older than the earth checkout lady caused the computer to crash trying to scan all my coupons! After a fit from Annie, 2 baggers, 2 managers, and 30 min I was on my way still in a good mood because of my awesome savings!
As an end to a decent day I made Lasagna which makes me very happy! If only I had a husband instead of a live-in basketball coach :o(

3 comments:
Congratulations again. I agree with taking advantage of having multiple ultrasounds, I had 4 with Alina. July 8th is a perfect day, it is our anniversary.
June 25 sounds great!!! It's my birthday!
Yeah .. totally weird that she won't turn the screen toward the patient. Sounds like she has some power issues. Especially for someone like you, who actually knows what all of the images on the screen are!
Anyway. I'm glad your littlest one is doing well in there.
Post a Comment