Monday, May 11, 2009

Very Interesteing Updates on Life

It was a month ago that I posted the video of my daughter in the beginning stages of crawling. She now crawls on all fours and pulls herself up into standing as well as can go from crawling to sitting up. Today she has found the other rooms of the house... ok maybe I showed them to her. She had no idea there was anything for her to crawl to past the living room. Today I took her into the kitchen with me as I made some cookies and now she is crawling in there before I know it! Now I have to try to keep my hard wood floors clean which was something I NEVER used to do.

Also, there is a strange smell in my house that is driving me crazy! It is mostly in the entryway/bottom of the steps area. Our house has no sub-floring and I don't smell anything in the basement, so I thought it may be coming from the walls like some small rodent may have died in there. Anyway I decided to clean the floors really well today and sniff around to see if I could detect where it was coming from. However I also started the washing machine which hasn't been run in about a week and now the smell has mostly gone away...hmmmm. Maybe it was the washing machine? But why didn't the basement smell??!!! This is driving me crazy! I should have Kate N over to sniff it out with her heightened pregnancy olfactories!

2 comments:

Susan Holt Simpson said...

I hate that smelly, smelling of something! I'd blame it on old washer water instead of dead rodents!

Kimberly said...

Listen, a dead mouse can reek like you wouldnt believe!!! AND so can a washing machine. Although the washing machine would probably smell more sour than anything else. At least when my washing machine stinks it smells sour and I have to leave the door open to air it out. Good luck! ;)