Friday, May 15, 2009

Morning

I have always claimed to be a morning person. I love mornings. Especially the cool crisp spring/summer mornings like today. My first memory of fully appreciating an early morning was when I was little, I have no idea how old I was however our family was going on a trip to Florida. We only did that twice and I was between 8 & 13. Anyway I was up with the sun when my dad and I went to get the rental van from a place by the airport. I remember the feeling of the cool morning and the sun shining so bright even though it wasn't fully in the sky yet. Everything still covered in dew and shining while the last of the fog burnt off. I remember feeling important to be up so early at the airport with all of the important people. (I will blog another time about the trips my dad used to take us on to the airport, that is a warm fuzzy feeling too)
When I am on vacation I love to get up early. I like to be the first one up to enjoy the quietness of the day before its gone (and these days quietness doesn't exist in our family) My favorite thing to do on vacation is lay around so why not get up early to enjoy every moment possible?
This morning Annie girl was up at 6:30 and after she ate we sat in the rocking chair in her room wrapped in blankets with her window open letting the cool air in. Ever since she was born she likes to have us wrap our hands around hers and blow on them to warm them up so that is what we did :o) I love that I can share such a beautiful morning with my sweet little Annie Girl. Of course now she is back asleep for what will probably be a 2 hour nap and I must start my day... I foresee a nap in my future today!

2 comments:

kara h said...

That's so funny, I think my love of the mornings come from our family vacations too. Except my memories are more from the lake. I remember getting up when dad would go out to fish. I loved the sound of the screen door slapping the frame and hearing the crows call to one another across the lake. The gentle swish of the lake and the occassional boat going by with an early morning fisherman... or a whole SLEW of boats with men all looking for the prize catch.

Let's buy a lake house.

krissy said...

Good thing you never sold books. The first really crisp spring mornings of each year make me want to throw up... I get over it after about 3 days.