Monday, May 18, 2009

Run That By Me Once More?

Spending the day with Elly Beth is always good for a few laughs. One of my favorite things is that she sings when she is riding in the car. I usually encourage praise and worship songs because I love to hear her say things "teach me some melodious sonnet"
In the car today she was singing these words to the tune of Frarijaka however this version was new to me...
Where is Shocka
Where is Shocka
Door Man Blue
Door Man Blue
Dingalinga Summa
Dingalinga Summa
Run Away
Run Away

She then asked me what a "Shocka" was and said "don't you know this song? My Mom doesn't know it either". Its a good thing the girl likes to be funny because I was able to laugh with her instead of at her ;o)
She has been fun and surprisingly obedient. I only needed to spank her once to which she replied "but my mom doesn't ever spank me" Oops I laughed right in her face at that one! Sorry Kara!

3 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

My favorite EB memory is when she stayed with me while Kara was in labor. She was playing with the little kitchen set and brought me a little wooden spoon. She asked what it was and I told her it was a spoon. Then she asked, "But what's it FOR?"

the mama said...

She no longer begs me not to take my hat off....she no longer calls me mini....she does tell me things like, "I suddenly feel hungry". "Later, I'd like to have a tea party." "Fortunately, I'm still little so falling didn't hurt too bad."

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Love those lyrics! Hey, how about some hymns from the little Elly Beth! Those always morph into interesting "new" words...