It is my goal to be one of those moms who uses coupons and slashes her grocery bill in half! This week I clipped coupons as usual. I normally do this while at my moms house on Sunday while we are all sitting around talking and so its not any wasted time. People are big on clipping coupons being time consuming. I am also strict on sticking with items that I would have bought anyway and not buying something just because there is a coupon. I went to the grocery to get the weeks needed items. I really can't wait till Joe is home more often and I can cook dinner because I feel like I save a lot of money, but because i hardly ever cook I don't plan a menu I just keep easy non-perishables and veggies around to whip up a nice meal (i.e enchiladas, tacos, spaghetti, chicken & rice, soup etc) Anyway I thought that I should announce that I went to Kroger today and saved $31.12 (26%) with my coupons and shoppers card! Here is what I don't get about the shoppers card, do they just jack up the price so that they can say they have it on sale with the shoppers card? Because who in their right mind wouldn't have a shoppers card? Anyway to let you know, I had 3 different coupons for Yogurt and Progresso soup and they accepted all of them! I used to think that you could only use one coupon per item! Not so, I saved a ton there! Kroger will round any coupon under .50 up to .50 and they will round any coupon over .50 to $1.00!! My bill was under $100.00 (always a goal of mine) and I even bought ridiculously expensive lotion for Annie's eczema and a big box of Tide! So get those scissors out girls and happy clipping!
Here is a good school idea for you moms who were sharing ideas. Practice cutting on the dotted line, clip any coupon of a product that you have seen mommy buy before! :o)
Forget-Me-Not Thoughts
1 month ago

2 comments:
I have been using more and more coupons, but feel like I could do better. Does anyone know about the coupon class posted on the church's bulletin board? "Kristin Farinacci invites everyone to attend a useful class on Tuesday, February 17th, 7-9pm at the Boone County Library on Rt 18. She will be co-leading a coupon class that will teach you how to organize and get the best deal for your money. She will show you how to save as much as 50% off of your grocery bill. Time permitting, after class people will be swapping their unwanted coupons, so you may bring yours with you. The cost is $3 to cover the cost of the handouts. Please RSVP to Kristin at ckfarinacci@insightbb.com"
Darn you. I like to laugh at people for using coupons because I say they end up buying things they wouldn't otherwise. So, it can be done otherwise huh? I'll give it a whirl if we ever buy the paper. And my opinion of the shopper card is that yes, they jack up the prices. I'd like them to stop the shopper card and the gas perks (not to mention the sushi bar, antipasta cart etc.) and just give us lower prices.
Post a Comment