Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Broken Computers and Old News

**I wrote this post a week ago, however our laptop has battery issues and turns off whenever it wants, which is often, and I acquired a virus on the desktop that my husband is in the process of fixing, hes wonderfully handy like that. So therefore its a little delayed in getting posted**


Mia is walking around the house begging for "ashy". She wants someone to play Ring Around the Rosie with her. I get seriously dizzy and nauseous when I play "ashy" but I get serious guilt complexes when I have to tell her no more than once or twice, so I play a couple of times and then convince her sister to play with her which normally ends up with Mia crying... its torture.

We celebrated christmas yesterday with my family. It was as fun as it usually is however a condensed version since the only night we were all free was a weeknight and we usually celebrate on a sunday all day!

Annie got a new baby doll dressed in riding clothes from my parents. She was so very excited and even received a change of clothes for her from Krissys family. She also received dress up shoes which she has been wanting and she got into bed with me this morning wearing the heels and carrying the baby who's name is "Cowboy Baby" (no there is no convincing her that it might be called Cowgirl) because she rides horses of course. She said "I'm so happy I opened a baby doll, I love my new baby doll". However tonight after trying to fall asleep for 30 min she was crying and I went to her room always ready for her creative complaint and tonight it was "I can't want to have a new baby doll for Jesus birthday, she is too hard she's hurting me!" I just told her we would lay her on the other side of her pillow and she could play with her during the day and snuggle with good old soft "Pink Baby" at bedtime :o)
The thing about "Cowboy" is that she has long hair, I openly admitted last night when the girls opened their dolls and immediately wanted their hair let down so they could play beauty shop with Elly's new hair-do kit that it was going to give me heart palpitations to watch their nice new shiny hair get frayed in a matter of minutes! However I stumbled across this little blessing tonight without ever even thinking about it. I tried it and it works!!!

Mia has been singing "up on the housetop" nonstop for the past 2 days. She walks up to me and declares at the top of her lungs "Ho Ho HO!" and expects me to sing the rest of the song so that she can sing ho, ho, ho again and pretend to snap when I say click, click, click :o)

Annie and I have conversations about having a "happy heart" quite often. Sometimes all I have to say is "Annie, have a happy heart" and Its my way of summarizing the frequent talks we have about doing everything without complaining and choosing joy in all circumstances, even when it may not be something she wants to do/hear. Before Christmas extravaganza even started I spoke with her about having a happy heart because she seems to struggle when she is around a crazy group of naturally selfish children.
However I thought it was an all time low when after nap (rarely a happy heart time of the day) she awoke to find that Elly and Porter had arrived and Grammy had baked a Birthday Cake for them to decorate complete with a manger scene cake topper! Port was handed Joseph, Elly got Mary and Annie got to put "My Jesus" on the cake. She was ecstatic as the video camera rolled until she was corrected by Elly saying in a confused tone and in the corrective eldest voice "He's not just your Jesus, he's every ones Jesus" to which they got bombarded with 3 mothers finding a teaching moment declaring all at once (very educational, I'm sure they were all ears) "that's right, Jesus was born for everyone" To which Annie responded with tears, flinging of her body and screaming "no, He's my Jesus!". Oh the fun parenting times. I guess I should probably break it to her that the moon is not just hers either.

1 comment:

the ashley family said...

bahahaha. i laughed out loud about my Jesus. You know - technically they're both right.