This little girl got a new bike for Christmas and she learned to ride it (with training wheels of course) in no time on my parents tennis court. She looks like such a big kid and I am SUPER thankful for this semi finished basement that she can ride all she wants in the winter time! Today she and her daddy made a trip for some $1 paint brushes to go with her new paint and came back with bicycle accessories. A princess basket, bell and streamers! He doesn't spoil her at all...
I am 14 weeks today and I just don't think I am showing as much as I was at this time with the girls. I could be crazy but I just came up with this little pooch this weekend so I thought I would capture it. I thought it would be fun to try to capture the girls in some of my belly shots. Plus they add a cuteness level I could never get to :o)
OK so they say you will miss them when they are gone, but geeze its hard to make dinner with this extra appendage between my feet!!!The girls and I traveled to Indiana with Mom, Dad and Nicholas for New Years weekend with the Hendrix fam. I LOVE that trip and look forward to it every year. Joe joined us on Sunday early morning after choosing to drive up after he got off work at 2am (silly boy). We spent new years eve at Aunt Reggies eating her AMAZING lasagna and I have to share this non recipe salad that one of her friends brought.
Rough cut
yellow, red, green, orange bell pepper
Red onion
Thinly sliced cucumber
throw in some baby carrots
and douse it all with Italian dressing
feta cheese is optional, I think fresh parmesan would be amazing also
I think it would have been better had it marinated for about an hour or so but it was still really good, a great alternative to lettuce if you ask me!
Sunday we spent partying in Uncle Joe's shed, eating much good food, playing games, playing with kids (keeping them from killing each other and running over us with bikes and tractors). Monday Joe and I both had to work in the afternoon so we headed home around 11 and by 11:30 we were in park on 465 as we sat for an hour and a half waiting on an 18 car wreck to be cleaned up. We then proceeded past that only to jump onto 74 in 25-45mph traffic from indy to batesville! Ugh! It took us 6 hours to get home and when we arrived Joe had to jump back in the car and head to work at 5. Luckily I had gotten called off so I didn't need to worry! By the time we got home the girls ran off a bunch of energy. After Mia got her sea legs back, when I brought her in from the car she couldn't stand for about 15 seconds and then was all wobbly when she was walking across the kitchen :o) And of course I never got my camera out and therefore have zero pictures from the weekend. :o(
After spending 6 hours driving in snow Annie was very excited to come home and play in it. So as part of their blowing off steam we went outside and walked around making tiny little footprints in the snow and attempting snow angels. I made a mental note to buy myself some snow pants because those girls could have stayed out there for hours in their subzero getup!




3 comments:
I took lots of photos on Kara's camera so there is record of the weekend.
I can't believe Mia's legs were weak! Crazy car seats!
Love your pictures!
Oh Kate- I'm kind jealous. No, really jealous. I'm two weeks behind you, but look at least five times as pregnant!
Love the pics of girls in snow gear. They are adorable ad usual. And personnally I think your pics are cute, also. Just cutER with girls. Janice will love that you blogged about her salad. Also had tomatoes and mushrooms and zucchini. (maybe I don't know how to spell that) Love the blog. and you all.
Post a Comment