Anyway, just some highlights for my own memory.
- We were a little surprised at how well Mia could see them and was impressed by them. We said "Mia can you see the pretty lights?" "Uhh Huh, ohhhhh!"
- Annie prefers the purple lights and to find Mary & Jofus at every house that has them.
- You can buy ANYTHING in the form of a Christmas lawn decor. One of our neighbors has a blow up trailer with Rudolph and elves hanging out the back window and the door pops open and Santa comes out! It is the most elaborate blowup lawn decoration I have ever seen and been impressed by. One person even had a light up hippopotamus! Turns out they DID get a Hippopotamus for Christmas!
- The man's house in Knollwood that was always the "piece de resistance" of my childhood Christmas light looking is still there and Alvin, Simon & Theodore are still dancing and singing away, however the Soldiers no longer march and it turns out his display isn't the most Gigantic thing in the entire world. Although I knew it would be to a 3 year old's eyes so I did my duty and got her out of the car and stood on the sidewalk in the drizzle and watched and listened and remembered when I was a small wonder. :o)

1 comment:
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment