I swear Annie knows when her father is in the house and doesn't take as good of a nap. So after a very short 1 hour nap she was up (and whining that she was houuuungry). However cousin Carter was coming over to play (save the day!) Our afternoons are so much different than our mornings. Afternoons are survival mode, make it to bed time, kill or be killed if you know what I mean. :o)
While Joe worked on homework and Mia slept like a good little girl, Annie, Carter and I went to "Mr Burry's Park" which would actually be our wonderful neighbors Beth & Barry's swing set. They have a wonderful piece of property in a flag lot behind our house and let us use their play yard whenever we want! The best part is that it is completely shaded, I foresee many hours spent here in the summer when it is ridiculously hot to go to the park up the road.
While Joe worked on homework and Mia slept like a good little girl, Annie, Carter and I went to "Mr Burry's Park" which would actually be our wonderful neighbors Beth & Barry's swing set. They have a wonderful piece of property in a flag lot behind our house and let us use their play yard whenever we want! The best part is that it is completely shaded, I foresee many hours spent here in the summer when it is ridiculously hot to go to the park up the road.
I had intended to take pictures of the dinner making process as well, however I forgot and after the process began it was every man for himself, there were tears & spankings & bribes and sadly it is one of the easiest dinners in the world to make! Ill leave you with my "recipe".
Calzone's (or Stromboli depending on how you roll it out)
1 Frozen bread dough (purchased at Kroger)
Favorite Pizza toppings
Favorite Marinara Sauce
Olive Oil
Minced Garlic, Parmesan, Sea Salt, Favorite Italian Spices, for topping
Let dough rise in a warm place according to pkg directions (I left mine outside on the deck all day and it overflowed & fell, don't worry it still works!) Preheat oven to 400, roll dough out into either one large rectangle for stromboli or several smaller circles for calzones. fill half of dough with cheese and favorite toppings (I just do cheese, pepperoni & leaf spinach). Roll along the longest side for Stromboli and place seam side down, for calzones simply fold over and press dough onto itself along the sides. Brush with Olive Oil and sprinkle with minced garlic and sea salt & Parmesan if desired. Place on preheated baking stone or cookie sheet until top is browned about 10 min. Heat Marinara and serve alongside as dipping sauce. YUMMY!!
I prefer Calzone's because the dough is easier to roll out in small pieces and each of us can have the fillings we prefer.
Olive Oil
Minced Garlic, Parmesan, Sea Salt, Favorite Italian Spices, for topping
Let dough rise in a warm place according to pkg directions (I left mine outside on the deck all day and it overflowed & fell, don't worry it still works!) Preheat oven to 400, roll dough out into either one large rectangle for stromboli or several smaller circles for calzones. fill half of dough with cheese and favorite toppings (I just do cheese, pepperoni & leaf spinach). Roll along the longest side for Stromboli and place seam side down, for calzones simply fold over and press dough onto itself along the sides. Brush with Olive Oil and sprinkle with minced garlic and sea salt & Parmesan if desired. Place on preheated baking stone or cookie sheet until top is browned about 10 min. Heat Marinara and serve alongside as dipping sauce. YUMMY!!
I prefer Calzone's because the dough is easier to roll out in small pieces and each of us can have the fillings we prefer.

3 comments:
Yum! I am totally making that someday.
I laughed outloud at "kill or be killed". I *so* know what you mean!!
Love it all. They are so happy. So much fun. Love it.
Post a Comment