Life has just been humming along over here in our part of the world. We enjoyed a few days of mother natures spring "psych!" And since then we have been back to heaters and sweaters and one particularly snow covered sunday morning Annie came downstairs and exclaimed "its Christmas!"
I am still loving the produce co-op. I have been trying new things and branching out away from the typical fruits and veggies that I normally buy. I bought Brussels Sprouts which I tried sliced up in a salad as suggested by
Joy the Baker. If you don't know her you should mosey on over and introduce yourself, she's amazing!
I also accidentally bought mixed greens as in collard greens, kale, etc... not sure how I feel about that one, I am not so sure I will like them because I don't like cooked spinach, but I am willing to try a bit... then I will drop the rest off on some lucky persons doorstep :o) I also recently found that I like Asparagus so I bought a bunch of them today and I can't wait to roast them up!
We have been making a lot of green beans too and Annie likes to help. I snip the ends off and hand them to her and she "smacks them" in half for me :o)

We also find ourselves building a lot of big towers every day, especially Dada. Mama gets the request to build a Giraffe and a Monkey. The giraffe I can handle because there is a picture of one on the box, but with the monkey we have to use our imaginations!

Annie asked for Ice Cream one day and thanks to a recent episode of Cat in the Hat I knew just how to make her every dairy dream come true! We put a little heavy cream along with some sugar and vanilla into a sandwich baggie. Then we put that into a large freezer bag full of ice and salt and
we I shook it for about 3 min. I hear its supposed to take almost 10 min but we only made about 1/4 cup so that's probably why it was done so quick.

It was good to the last drop!
And as you can tell from the hair styles above she was overdue for a spring haircut!

Thats much better!

4 comments:
You should try grilling the asparagus-- yum!Its my favorite way to prepare it--just brush w/ a little EVOO, add sea salt and pepper and its great
I have a great brussle sprout recipe if you end up liking them. Tell Joe it has bacon in it. He may try it.
I know she looked like Joe, but whoa!
You should post a picture of Joe at Annie's age...just for confirmation for everyone!
Post a Comment