I know its been a long day when at 5:00 I look at my child's dirty face and think she needs a bath, then I am feeling so overwhelmed that I think I need to get my Bible out and do my bible study for the day and it takes me a few minutes to realize that it was just this morning, while the girls were playing in the bath, I had a very nice quiet time (laying on the bedroom floor right outside the bathroom door of course)! Its a good thing the Lord meets you where you are!
Also I find it ironic that my youngest child ALWAYS has little pieces of trash in her mouth! I find them when she is chewing on them, I find them when she is choking on them, I find them EVERY time I curiously look in her mouth to see if she has any new teeth! Its ridiculous! And my floor is swept 3 times a day!
3 comments:
Love love LOVE this post. It's so nice to know that other Mommies find trash in their babies mouths (and my floor is NOT swept three times a day, I only do it once - after dinner, with a nice big whole-house vaccuum on the weekends) and to know that other Mommies lie on the floor while their kids are in the tub. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone!!
Clay regularly finds stuff on the floor to eat. :( Yesterday he found a chip and said, "Yum!" And once I found a tea bag label in his mouth, sopping wet. How long had he had it? I'll never know.
Remember the story I've shared before...you ate the lightbulb out of the flashlight as a 1 year old.
Brilliant idea - lying on the floor outside the bath! I don't ever remember doing that!
Post a Comment