Up at 7:30, bored by 9, called a few people looking for someone to answer their phone so I could have accompaniment to the Zoo. Big sis called me back and I talked her (very easily) into schlepping all responsibility (like the laundry that was sitting in baskets around me) and frolic in the sun.
Throw some clothes on the kids, pack a snack, head to the Zoo for a few hours.
Return home around 3 toss the kids in bed for a nap, halfheartedly make a menu and print coupons while eating no less than 5 chocolate chocolate chunk cookies (Im sorry Kelly! the rest went to Grandma's I promise!), fall asleep while watching an entire DVD of Friends, wake up to extreme stomach pains from aforementioned chocolate consumption & infant crying , not sure if she ever took a nap or not, its been 3 hours so I get her up. Keep her from eating my pen and paper while I make a grocery list. Annie wakes up and wants a PB&J, thank goodness because thats all we got!
Throw PB & snot faced kids in car, go visit Grandma.
Head for grocery store at quarter till 8 (crazy lady!) Joe's mom called to see if Annie wanted to play with her cousin Carter (score!) drop her off on the way.
Wander around grocery with hungry fussy baby till 9 freekin 30! Pick Annie up from Grams, head home to put groceries away after throwing the overly sleepy kids in bed for the night. Realize I didn't get a receipt after checking out and I was FURIOUS because I have a million items I need to check and make sure I got the correct price for including 3 cases of snapple with a rebate for a FULL REFUND (horray for free snapple!!!) I called the manager and it turns out they can look up your transaction using your Kroger card, yay! But now I have to go back to the store sometime tomorrow, boo.
Now I sit here with the laundry running, the dishwasher running, the fridge and pantry full, and eating pretzels which round out a diet of cereal, granola bar, a few bites of annies ice cream at the zoo, 5 cookies & 10 almonds... oh and Snapple of course!
I don't know if I like this whole "husband going to school and working till midnight" thing.

3 comments:
I have the same OCD when it comes to laundry stacks. When people help me out with the laundry I cringe when it is not stacked right because it makes more work putting them away! Sounds like we are on the same diet as well:-) Dave is not much of a cooker so since I am not allowed up long enough to fix anything what ever happens to be sitting there is what happens to be my meals.
Well, I am exhausted.
I laughed and read the first paragraph out loud so daddy could laugh too! Have you seen my bedroom lately? I wish to make your life complete so come organize the clothing waiting on your visit.
Post a Comment