Saturday, April 2, 2011

His Faithfulness is Awesome

God is Awesome. I could stop there and this post would probably be more concise & intelligible but not to worry, I have swirly thoughts in my head to back up that statement. :o)

God is faithful to us when we are faithful to Him.

God is faithful to us even when we are not faithful to Him.

Both of these statements make me sit in awe.

Growing up my whole life with Christian influences, and pesky sin nature aside, I find it fairly easy to make decisions based on a Godly example of some sort. Now with that said I have to admit to you that it took me about 10 minutes to form that sentence because as I was typing it, it sounded wrong, like I am lying. How can I be saying that it is easy for me to make the right decision? How can that be when I know I sin daily, hourly, minute...ly (ha!)?
What I mean is this, I may choose to trust in God when something new or scary happens... but as I am saying I trust, I try to control the situation... just a little of course :o)
I may choose to submit to my husbands authority, but I might be thinking in my mind that I could have done it better. Not always of course :o)
I may choose not to spend money on something frivolous, but I might be complaining in my mind or still wishing I would win the lottery, which I hear is difficult when you don't buy a ticket :o)

However I have been learning that it matters that we make the right decision, even when our heart isn't in it. God still honors a correct decision because we are by nature sinners and our flesh will never be perfect. However by making the decision to follow after God and conform ourselves to live as Christ lived our hearts will be changed! He has promised, and He is faithful!

So as I go about my life and I am making all these decisions because they are the "right" thing to do I find that He blesses me. Even when I am not daily reading His word and conversing with Him through prayer He blesses me. He is faithful that way. And whereas I see the blessings, I am not always laid flat because of them. But then slowly He shows me in some way " my child... hey... sinner... heir to my throne... problem child... saint... do you see what I am doing here... do you see that I am faithful?" And suddenly I am in awe of His Grace.

And then there are times in life when things are a little more difficult. Decisions are bigger, choices seem costlier, problems are scarier. And I take the conscious steps to seek Him and His will. And I am shown His faithfulness throughout the process. And I am aware of His faithfulness each step of the way. And I am in awe.

You see God is Awesome that way.

Did you know?


1 comment:

the mama said...

I knew! But, I'm so thrilled to hear/read your take on his GOODNESS! It is quite contagious!