Friday, September 11, 2009

For Mature Readers Only (not that I am at all mature)

Because stories from growing up in the Glenn house always get such a warm response I was inspired to tell a few by something I saw today.
Ever since I was little my parents have been very involved in both the New Hope Center& the Family Foundation as well as our local church.
I remember one time when a ministry my dad was involved in had intervened in a mans life who was involved in sexual sin. He had a very extensive (14 boxes) porn collection and Dad and Jim T were on the phone trying to decide how to destroy it (not wanting the trash man to have a field day with it) Jim told Dad he had an office shredder however it only took 3 pages at a time and Dad didn't think it was a good idea to sit and feed 14 boxes worth of porn into a shredder 3 pages at a time :o)
What a rare problem to run into in life...

Growing up it was never uncommon to see random pamphlets laying around with titles like "My boyfriend gave me Gonorrhea now what?"
I always teased that because of my moms involvement in NHC and homeschooling we learned how to spell words like "Syphilis" alongside "cat" & "dog". When I got to nursing school and was shown the scary STD pictures they were old news to me and I could identify a wart like nobody's business :o)

So when Kelly told me that mom got this in the mail this week I was not surprised, and don't worry ladies there is a matching bracelet!


Abstinence education at its best

9 comments:

krissy said...

HA!! That is great!

The Talberts said...

haha. I wasn't sure if I should read the post after reading the title, but I was feeling rebellious and went ahead.
So .. what did they do with the porn collection? I'm imagining the Glenn family roasting marshmallows over slowly charring naked women.

running shoes said...

awesome!

Jessica said...

ha ha that is great!

kara h said...

Melissa,

Funniest comment ever. You win an award. I dont' know what, but I'm going to have to bake you something for coming up with that.

If memory serves they found some sort of hospital or something that had a huge incinerator and they pitched it all in there.

Kentucky Kate said...

That's great. I once heard a pastor say that he had guys tell him all the time they they couldn't stop having sex. He jokingly said, "Well, you aren't doing it right now. Just keep that up."

Kimberly said...

I totally laughed out loud. Halarious.

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Hey, could I have a box of those? That is written in MAN LANGUAGE - bare bones basic and in pictures!

the mama said...

Sweet Annabelle, I will mail you a card so male # 1 can carry it!