Friday, April 24, 2009

We're Goin' to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo, How About You, You, You

Our men leading us through the Zoo

Do you know that song? Does anyone remember Raffi who sings kid songs? He sang that.... anyway on the the story!
Last night as I lay in bed I decided I would call my mom first thing in the morning and see if she needed help with preparing for the Walk For Life. However when I got up this morning and it was already sunny and a beautiful 65 deg. outside I contemplated not calling her for fear that she would need me to do work in the office all afternoon and I would miss out on this wonderful day. But I decided no, I love my hard working mother and I would do whatever she needed me to do even if it meant spending the day indoors! So I called her and made an offer that no woman could refuse. However she said that she didn't think she needed anything! I couldn't believe it so I said "are you sure?" She said nope, in fact she and dad were taking the day off and taking Kris and the kids to the ZOO!! Well you can imagine my disappointment that I was not invited to tag along! Here I was, favorite angel child, mentally slaving away out of the goodness of my heart in her office all day while she played at the zoo! Well don't worry as any third born favorite angel child would do I threw a fit :o) She loves me :o) Of course she extended an invitation to Annie and and to tag along!
So we spent a GLORIOUS day at the Zoo even though when we got there we were quite scared because traffic was SO backed up and there was NO PARKING! By 10:00 am the Zoo parking was FULL! YIKES we thought there might be people everywhere, but there really wasn't it seemed like any old day at the Zoo we just had to search for a parking spot on the street. I think that the animals were really enjoying the nice weather as well because they were very playful and put on a good show!

Annie and Anella didn't last too long before they zonked, they were'nt as impressed with the Zoo as we were.

Buster and Pawpaw watchin the animals together

The Elephant came over to say hello

Nellie was quite warm and all that beatiful dark hair just plastered to her head!

Kris and Dora at the Polar Bear exibit. There was just too much to look at for Dora to pay attention.

The beautiful Peackock was showing off

Ever wonder what it looks like from behind? :o)

Crazy Kris and Dory holding and petting the Boa Constrictor! Yikes JP and I would have nothing to do with this!





6 comments:

The Talberts said...

These are great!

My disappointment over not being born a Glenn is even stronger now, though.

My mother in law was talking about your little Annie last night and how cute she is. I haven't seen her since she was itty bitty.

krissy said...

Great pictures. I need some of those. need.

Kentucky Kate said...

This post only served to make me very sad that my zoo membership expires in 5 days. Boo!

the mama said...

Go to the zoo today Katy T!!!

You really are the best fit thrower I know Kate. But, I was only thinking in terms of grandchildren old enough to be impressed with animals while making the invited guest list. I have now rethunk my priorities!

Betsy said...

A) I am with Melissa is my desire to be a Glenn!
2ndly) The peacock pictures are awesome! I cannot say I ever wondered what the back looked like, but it was entertaining and unexpected!
and D) Why am I not suprised to Kris holding a snake - seriously...egh!

joehendrix said...

What a great day, up here it it just 10 calves, two pigs & two dogs.