Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The good things about today

I am stealing this post idea from my friend Caroline. When I read her blog I had just wandered around the first floor of my home picking up random things lying around and wondering why the house is always so messy! So I crashed in the living room and I was sitting on the floor with the laptop in front of me while juggling a wiggly whiny sick baby and thinking I am sooo tired. However her post was encouraging and made me think instead of being tired and cranky I should be grateful for my tiredness for all that I got accomplished today even with my husband home all day.

1. After feeding Annie at 7:30 I layed her in bed to play and I went back to bed with my warm snuggly husband. After playing for about 45 min quietly she fell asleep! It was too cute and it gave me more wonderful time in bed after being up for 2+ hours in the night.

2. Annie then slept until 11 which normally would mean that I couldn't go to the gym however because my husband was home I was able to go and have a wonderful workout!

3. Joe and I got to have lunch together which is one of my favorite things.

4. I did all of the laundry, the dishes, some paperwork that has needed to be done for weeks now while my sick little girl took a nice long nap.

5. I went to the grocery store and managed to remember everything that was on the list that I left on the coffee table at home!

6. Joe and I searched for a good fajita recipe online and came up with the following recipe which was a new favorite. It makes enough fajita seasoning for about 3 batches of fajitas.

3 T Cornstarch
2 T Chili powder
1T Salt
1 T Paprika
1 T Sugar
2 1/2 tsp crushed chicken bouillon cube ( I used a packet of ramen noodle seasoning because my chicken bouillon was old and wouldn't crush)
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (I added a little more for my husband who likes spicy)
1/2 tsp Cumin

Mix together in a small airtight container& store in a cool dry space. This is the equivalent of 3 packets of store bought fajita seasoning. Use 3 Tbsp for a batch of chicken fajitas.

Heat 2 T oil in a pan cook chicken on med-high for 5 min, add 3 Tbsp seasoning, 1/3 C water green red or yellow peppers and onions and cook until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are to your liking. Serve with tortillas, salsa, sour cream, avocado & cheese! YUM!

7. I am thankful for our new roommate Kelly! It is a lot of fun having her here. I miss living with her, its kind of like old times back at Mom and Dads except I get to make the rules :o) Last night we painted our toenails and watched a movie!

2 comments:

krissy said...

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo JEALOUS that you get to live with a sister again!

Anonymous said...

Fun! We really have SO much to be thankful for!!