Monday, April 6, 2009

Watch out messy house here she comes

Being gone for 2 weeks takes its toll on a girls house. Mine was especially messy when I got home and so I did what any sane woman would do. I made a list on friday night of everything that needed to get done and left it for monday :o) I enjoy cleaning a messy house and I like having my week semi planned out. So this morning I was ready to tackle the list.
Home care seems to be a regular blog topic among my group of friends, so I thought I would add my thoughts on the matter.
I enjoy marking things off of a list, this list is also beneficial to my husband because when I leave it lying on the table he can see that I do indeed have a plan of action and PLENTY to do this week. My problem is choosing a task and sticking to it. You always have to pick up the clutter before you can clean underneath it. There lies my problem, when I go to put something away, I notice other things that need to be put away. ie, sweater from the couch to the closet = oh I should rearrange the closet so that it can fit. Wrapping paper to the attic = oh I should organize the storage area. Dirty bottle to the sink = I should load the dishwasher. Put Annies new outfit away = she has outgrown her 3 month stuff, I should put them in a storage container. Now its 3:00 and I have only picked up 3 things and the house is still a mess! I SWEAR i did nothing but clean all day long! Why does my house look like this? Oh the frustrations!
So there, I am a VERY organized person, and my recommendation is make a list... just try to keep to the chore at hand :o)

On a very exciting side note, my husband came home and made this video clip of Annie Girl crawling! She does this little flop/scoot/slide repeat thing until she is 3 feet from where she started. (please dont judge me for enticing her with paper, she is on a paper kick right now)

4 comments:

the mama said...

She is so advanced!!! Takes after her grammy, no doubt!

Susan Holt Simpson said...

She'll wear her poofy cheeks of using all that energy chasing paper! What a doll,

s

Kentucky Kate said...

How is it possible that she's that old? You and Eric come from the same cleaning philosophy. One time I went on vacation a few days before he joined us and when we came home, the contents of the closet were all over the dining room - because he was cleaning before he left.

joehendrix said...

Clearly she will be an above average reader, chasing after a book at such an early age.