I just realized that I have reached my 300th blog post. 300 things to say in about 4 years aint so bad. I have been reading through some of them lately. I have to admit I am proud of some of the growth I see in myself, I am so grateful to have the little stories and memories from my mommy years as I started the blog halfway through my first pregnancy. I can't believe some of the crap I whined about on here and all the new mommy stuff I fretted over. My life certainly did revolve around ME and my baby girl!!! However it gave me a new perspective on other self centered new mommy's as well as a better understanding of what my sisters were laughing shaking their heads and poking good natured fun at me for way back when I was an even more neurotic OCD mom ;o)
Everyone's got to go through it to figure it out for themselves and (hopefully) grow from the experience. I know I have grown a ton and look forward to growing even more!!!
I am 33weeks5days pregnant. I have spent the majority of this pregnancy not really knowing for sure how far along I was, mostly because I wanted to be done so badly that I was in denial that it was still going to be while so I would ignore the calendar. Now I feel like I have gotten close enough to my due date that I am counting down the days for many reasons.
I started contracting Monday. A lot. It made me think and feel sorry for friends like Katie N who has gone through that sort of thing before. I have realized that caffeine and specifically Diet Dr Pepper makes me contract regularly. So while this is something to avoid for the next few weeks, buddy when I reach full term you may see me wandering around with it streaming directly into my veins. ;o)
Because of these contractions I think that baby girl has moved down a little and is no longer camped out under my right rib cage causing me to have to sit leaned to the left and pushing her down out of my ribs all day long. She still finds her way there by about 4:00 every day, but Ill take it over all day long.
I have realized that my pregnancy could be almost over and since I am no longer having the knife stabbing pain in my ribs and am a little bit more comfortable I am enjoying it a little bit more than I was... Ill take it as a gift from the Lord because he knows I have not been enjoying it for the majority of the pregnancy.
I am starting to prepare mentally and domestically for this new baby. I have started freezing meals, 2 pot pies, 1 lasagna, and a huge batch of meatballs are in my freezer already. I have plans for more, we will see if it happens. I made Joe a very short do-able "honey do" list so that I can move all of Mia's clothes into Annie's room. Which entails fixing the closet door to open & close instead of always staying open :o)
His next task is to hang swings in the big tree out back and Gram dropped of a kiddie pool (to replace our baby pool) yesterday that she spotted and picked up because she knew I wanted one. My goal is to have a fun back yard with fun back yard things to do this summer so that I don't feel like we need to constantly leave the house.
I have no good close to this jumbled up post, except to say thanks for caring enough to read 301 posts filled with all of my jumbled up thoughts!
Forget-Me-Not Thoughts
1 month ago

1 comment:
My pleasure! Even though there was not one picture! Love you, my sweet third born - having your sweet third born.
Post a Comment