I'm halfway through. I knew the first half would fly by because from finding out in October there is the usual rush of the holidays and then a trip to Maui all topped off by reaching the 20 week mark and having the Formal Anatomy Scan.
I dislike the ultrasonographer in my Dr's office and since she is only there one day a week I choose to go to the High Risk Clinic at the hospital. Because the purpose of the Seton Center is to work with the high risk patients they have the very best ultrasound technology. The rooms have large screen T.V's on the wall opposite the pt so that they can do their work and look at their screen and you can watch the whole thing, as opposed to the way they do it in the office which is "ummm ok let me do my thing and then I will turn the screen for a minute so that you can see" Blah! My way is so much more fun.
Another plus is that a former coworker of mine works in the Seton Center and so she has done my last 2 ultrasounds which is always fun!
This time was no different than the rest. Did we want to know the sex? Yes! So she scans, and scans, and scans, and the legs remain crossed and she confirms with us that we indeed have 2 girls at home, and she scans, and finally says "yeaaahhh, you can tell those girls to just scoot over and make some room for one more".
I was surprised... Joe was not! He knew it was going to be another girl. I kinda realized at that moment that I wanted it to be a boy, even though the thought scared me to death. But I am SO excited to be having another girl. I love my girlies, I know girl things, I have girl things (although Mia has ruined some to the point of needing to be replaced). And I am the 3rd girl so I have very high expectations of perfection for this child :o)
So Annie was right. When we told her later that day (which I would post on here however I can not get videos to load) I asked her if she thought Daddy would like another girl to which she replied "Well He likes Me!"
Mia is still in a life of oblivious bliss. I fear for the new childs life when it comes to her big sister Mia. I suppose she is as scrappy as she is because of the way she is treated by her big sister so this little one will be all the better for it as well :o)
I have tried without success to get Annie to feel some kicks this week, it always ends in a reenactment on her part of what the baby is doing in there. It includes some very realistic martial arts movements and saying things like "she is in there kicking and punching cause she wants out and can't find the door"
I love her
And to answer every ones question "no we have no idea what her name will be, and as in the past wont announce it till she is born if we finally do decide on one before then... which is not very likely" :o)
21 weeks
And this little girl has decided that she is a "baintee" person and wants this thing all the time :o)

2 comments:
Mia is seriously rockin' the mitchell kirkman right now.
Oh, I noticed the vase...of course I noticed the vase.
Post a Comment