In Kentucky I don't jump out of bed fully rested and ready for a day of adventures, In Maui I do!
In Kentucky I go to bed between 10-11:00 fully exhausted but wondering what I actually accomplished in the day. In Maui I go to bed between 7:30-9 fully exhausted from a jam packed action filled adventure day.
In Kentucky any given commute consists of construction, traffic, some nice green hills depending on where you are going. In Maui a commute consists of breathtaking Ocean views filled with jumping whales and crashing waves as well as nice rolling hills (i guess they would technically be volcanic mountains).
In Kentucky when we go out to eat there are children that force attention onto themselves and away from a handsome husband sitting across from me. In Maui there is just a handsome husband and a friendly sister and brother in law to hold many conversations with.
In Kentucky I have bulk taco seasoning in the pantry and eat beef tacos at least weekly because they are cheap and they make my husband happy. In Maui there are FISH TACOS... they make me happy!
In Kentucky there is laundry, dishes, bills, diapers etc. In Maui I ran the dishwasher and did a load of laundry once!
In Kentucky there is sun shine that looks deceptively warm in January. In Maui there is warm sunshine in January!!
In Kentucky there are people who know me and so I don't dare put on a wetsuit while pregnant for fear that someone i know might see me. In Maui I throw on a wet suit no questions asked no fears... until my baby sister puts a picture of me in said wetsuit on the Internet!! :o)
In Maui the saying is "No worries"
However in Kentucky there is my babies and my family and my friends and many worries that I would gladly take any day with my hope and happiness in Jesus...and a little bit of hope that there might be another trip sometime to someplace wonderful like Maui!

No comments:
Post a Comment