Monday, February 20, 2012

Its About Time

I blogged.

Wonderful things happen around here

Everyday things happen around here

Things I want to look back on and remember happen around here

Yet I fail to Blog them like a good little memory keeper aka former Scrapbooker, turned, Hasn't developed a picture in a year and a half woman...

Fun little things they say that I never want to forget like this conversation that just went down between a certain 3 year old and myself

"Mom I love big peckers"
"excuse me?" as I turn around to look at her
"I love big peckers just like my daddy does" as she is holding up a toy red and green pePPER!!

I realized in our trip to Dayton tuesday to visit friends that she never stops talking... ever! She talked all the way to Dayton, 50min straight. That night I was trying to brush her teeth and she was trying to talk through the teeth brushing. She also likes me to floss her teeth (I know, what crazy 3 year old likes to have her teeth flossed?) I told her to stop trying to talk while I brush so she thought it would be ok to talk while we flossed. This doesnt work either. Neither does it work to try to taste the floss while mommy is trying to use the floss... this attempt ended us both in extreme giggles.

Last night she and I looked for Pink Baby with no avail and I sent her to bed without her. Her father came home and the looking resumed with no Pink baby to be found. He put her back to bed with a stand in baby doll. When she still wouldnt go to sleep we continued the search (I had seen her both on the kitchen counter and the pantry just hours before) I finally found her behind the TV. When I returned the lost baby to its owner she said sheepishly "oh the Alligators were getting her...for pretend" Ah yes, thank you for the clarification on that one because I was wondering why I had to fight off a mob of hungry alligators from around the television set.

And because I love you I will share the fact that if you freeze fresh (not brown) sliced bananas and then puree them in a food processor and add just a touch of PB and Coco powder it tastes like a mix between Ice Cream and Pudding and it is wonderful! I haven't made any sort of faux dessert during my fast but I was just too curious to try it. Annie and Mia and I shared a bowl of approx 3 bananas with 1T PB and 1 T cocoa powder. It was fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought of you today and how it sounds Inara and Annie are 2 peas in a pod. Inara hasn't stopped talking since I TRIED to put her down for a nap. She is talking and asking questions non-stop....trying not to be annoyed by her asking for the millionth time "who got this for me?"

Susan Holt Simpson said...

yumyumyum