Friday, December 3, 2010

Bullet Points!

An attempt to get a good pictures of the girls resulting in tears and exasperation :o)

  • I noticed yesterday that my neighborhood friendly Fed Ex delivery man is a runner, a sprinter even! I have never noticed his quickened step before so I am going to assume it is either A) necessary to sprint in order to get all the gifts delivered this time of year. B) He is working on commission based on number of packages delivered! To prove to you just how fast he is, I saw him coming up the walk yesterday with a very large package that I didn't want to try to lift into my house. So I opened the door and asked him to put it in the entryway. He obliged and then turned and leaped off my front porch and then ran to his truck! And I saw him do it again at the neighbors this very morning so I know it was not some strange dirty diaper smell coming from my house that caused him to turn and run so fast :o)
  • I tried all of Elly's hand me down jeans on Annie earlier this week to see if by chance any of them would fit... they all went up to her armpits and the crotch was at her knees! What is it about little baby pants? I need to share them with a cloth diapering friend who's extra padded baby bottom would take up all the extra space :o) Anyway I am going to assume the following conversation was as a result of 4 pairs of jeans not fitting Annie. She came into my room a few days later as I was trying with no success to fit into a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans as I was taking them off she looked at me and said "whatsa matter Mama no fit?"! NO Thank you teeny tiny bottomed child they DON'T fit!
  • I wanted to get the girls out of the house for a little while today so we ventured 3 miles up the road to the Library. I told Annie we would get some new Christmas music to which she replied "Yeah Christmas mucous!" ewwww not exactly. Anyway Annie has only been to the library once and she was running all over the place with excitement so I considered strapping her into the stroller but I just didn't have the heart. So immediately upon arrival she went over to the puzzles, great, Ill peruse the music and I can keep an eye on her from there! I could even go a little further and still see her reflection in a glass door. However when she was being so good with a few puzzles and I decided to wander a bit further I returned to see her throwing all the board books off the shelves. She managed to clear half the shelf! I was SO embarrassed, I helped her stack the books (she was confused as to why I didn't want her to re-shelve them) and made her apologize to the librarian for pulling them all off! Then on the way to the car she ran into the back of me because her adorable snow hat fell over her eyes and she wiped out hard core in the parking lot and ended up sprawled on her back! She immediately jumped up said "I donk mama" and ran to the car saying "this is so fun!" Oh and I left after paying my fine without any books or music!
  • While jumping off the coffee table onto the couch (and I wonder why she is out of control at the library) Annie stopped and pointed to my face. We had just had lunch and so I thought there was something on me. I was going to let her brush it off my face until she stuck her finger up my nose and offered to pick it for me! Gosh what a thoughtful giving child I am raising!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are awesome stories! Ps Inara has that same sleeper that Annie has..SO CUTE!

Kimberly said...

Do you know what I love about your girls? THey're like twins, but not. :) Just alike...but...not. Lol. Sounds weird, but that's what I see!

Susan Holt Simpson said...

That face Annie's making cracks me up! What expression!

Ashley said...

maybe the Fedex guy needed to go to the bathroom =) Your girls are so cute.

wabisabigirl said...

So sweet:) Asher likes to clear library shelves too. Sometimes I go to the library by myself to pick out books for them after they're in bed!

shannon said...

Q attempted to do this at half price books last night. I QUICKLY scooped him up and didn't let it get to far. At home, sure.. pull every book off.. sit on them, lay on them, eat them, etc but while i only have one baby.. i was trying to reign in my little destroyer..

krissy said...

I saw a UPS guy bookin' it through Maria's subdivision a few days ago. And he was not a small man. I was shocked at myself but I was absolutly losing it and hoping the kids didn't notice why!