Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ann Girl

So I went to get Annie out of bed yesterday morning and she started talking and pointing as soon as I came in the room. This is rare for her to just launch into a story the second she sees me she usually wants to see Mia and that's all (love :o). Another rarity is that I couldn't understand what she was saying. It was like she had decided to pick up a whole new vocabulary overnight and my mommy translation ears were not educated yet. She was pointing to the corner of the room and all I could make out of the whole story was the word "man"... ok my daughter is pointing to the corner and saying "blah, blah, blah, man mama!" I eerily looked into the corner of the room behind the chair and said "what man Annie?" "Jesus mama!"! YIKES! Well... ok, I suppose there could be creepier men in the corner of her room behind the chair. So I was totally weirded out by this experience although happy to know that Jesus hangs out in my baby's room while she sleeps.

Until later that evening when I asked her what song she wanted to sing I was enlightened as to what on earth she was talking about that morning. She was not pointing she was holding up two tiny fingers saying "we little man was he" You see the man was Zacchaeus along with Jesus and they weren't in her room those pointing fingers were the motions to the song they have been singing in Sunday School! I never did like that song when I was little because a wee little man who was a nasty tax collector just didn't sit right with me. I think I missed the point to the story and dwelled on the mans sin issues instead of what the Lord saw :o) However hearing my baby say "sycamore tree" is just too cute!