Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sleep Rituals

Do you have one? I do, I must have my reading pillow up against the head board, two under my head and one at my side (that one started with my first pregnancy and I never stopped) that's right folks, four pillows, Joe has three as well. I have to sleep on my stomach way down on the bed so my feet hang off the end of the mattress. I have to have the door closed and I used to have to sleep away from the door, because of boogy men you know, but that has since changed in the new house. In addition to all of this I now have to sleep with the box fan on, but not blowing on me, thanks to my hubby who brought that vice into the marriage.

I was recently telling someone about Annie's sleep rituals and they asked me if I had a picture of it. I was so glad they recommended it because its something I never want to forget.

As you can see she has three paci's and three blankets, the one over her head is called the "snugga, snugga" she has three interchangeable pink snugga's which is nice for when one is in the wash or lost in her toy box. And even with all this tucking in, she actually sleeps on her stomach with her legs under her and her butt in the air, but you won't catch me taking a picture of that for risk of waking a sleeping baby :o)


Oh and I forgot to mention that she sticks her "finger paci" in her eye as well :o)

7 comments:

krissy said...

First of all, you sound like an eighty year old with all your requirments for sleeping. And how don't you have a king size bed?
Secondly, with Annie you have broken every rule of the SIDS sleeping list and then some.
Lastly, I'm very glad you got a picture of that!!!!

Rachael Neal said...

I'm laughing at Krissy mentioning the SIDS sleeping list. She is adorable...and apparently very much like you!

Lauren said...

haha I love her and her paci fingers!

Pocket said...

That is TOOOO funny! I have to have the closet door closed for fear of monsters, and lately I can't sleep until Sylvain has checked on the baby and reassured me on two requirements:
Me: Is she breathing?
Him: Yes
Me: Is she happy?
Him: Ummmm....sure.

Sylvia doesn't have any funny finger paci's, but we do have a very strict routine - bath, jammies, books, swaddle, nursing, and I've noticed lately that I could probably do that routine at any given time of day and she'll be fast asleep by the end of it!

Susan Holt Simpson said...

hahahahhaha

That picture is too funny - looks like she's reenacting the womb, maybe!

I've got you beat on pillows - also bad habits formed during pregnancies and never broken. I need SEVEN pillows to make what Steve calls my 'nest'. As long as he's in the nest too, he doesn't care! ;0)

erin said...

That is so great!! My husband has brought the same dumb fan for white noise vice into the marraige and has since ruined me for a nice quiet sleep. Boo.

the mama said...

I'm so glad I caught up on blog pictures! These are the best! I'm shocked that Annie ever goes to sleep at my house....Grammy's bed must have simpler (and less humerous requirements)! Love! Love! Love!