I am feeling some serious Mommy guilt about not blogging enough about Amelia. I seem to remember talking nonstop about Annie when she was born and all the wonderful things that came along with her. I feel like Amelia is this adorable little addition to our family who is a good snuggle buddy and excuse to stay home during the day and not go out into the heat, a reason to not get anything done during Annie's nap because I must spend quality time with her! I mean honestly when Annie was born I spent my days staring at her and... well... I am not sure I did anything else! With Mia's first month I have spent a decent amount of staring time but honestly I can't believe how little she does, she doesn't smile or laugh or sing silly made up songs about her loved ones like her crazy big sister. She just sleeps, poops and eats like every other 5 week old! I love her though! She is my little squishy face, my dark haired beauty, our little
Monnie :o)
She had her one month check up yesterday with Dr.
Brunson (love!) and she weighs 7lb 4oz and is 19.5 inches or so. She wouldn't hold still on the length measuring thingy and the nurse said 2o in but she seemed way off! Anyhow she is 10
th percentile in weight and length & head and is proving to be a tiny bug just like her "big" sister.
Her one month birthday was on my due date July 8
th which I found quite ironic. The day I had her my mom just kept exclaiming "June 10
th!" in disbelief, she was the one who kept reprimanding me when I would tell people I only had a few weeks left when I really had 6, It was wishful thinking on my part and she was trying to bring me into reality that I may have gone to, or even (gasp) past my due date with this one :o) To this I say "Ha!" very cautiously that is so as to not jinx myself for next time and go way overdue :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment