Monday, July 12, 2010

Daffodil Surprise!

I know I have talked about my flowerbeds before and I don't mean to bore you but this is BIG! I finally got my husband all to myself this past weekend and we (read:he) tackled the flowerbed that needed it the most. I realize I should have taken a before picture but this stinkin little flowerbed had 7, that's right, 7, yucca plants in it! Do you have a history with yucca plants? They are awful! They are ugly and poky and cactus-like and grow like crazy and you can't kill em! I hate them and I don't know anyone who likes them. There was also a plant/flower that I kept waiting to bloom and it just kept getting taller and taller until it was nearly up to my chin with no flowers to be had! I couldn't take it anymore and so (much to Susans chagrin) we just went ahead and took it out. So far it is the only thing besides the yuccas that I have just gotten rid of.



As Joe started digging he came across daffodil bulbs. I had forgotten that there were daffodils in the bed because I had clipped away all the dead leaves months ago and we were out of town when they bloomed. I remember Kelly calling to tell me that my flowerbeds were Amazing and I was sad that I didn't get to see them. So I set them aside so that I could replant them in the fall... but Joe just kept finding more and more so I went after a paper bag to put them in... but then our bag started to fill until it was overflowing!


Don't let the picture fool you I cut the grocery sac in half so its not a full bag.

I can't wait to replant these babys and see them bloom in the spring! I set the sprinkler out when we were done because we had moved so much dirt we didnt want to hurt the tree. However I accidentally forgot about my precious little girl sleeping on a blanket under the shade tree... she might have gotten sprinkled a little...oops! :o) Oh well she is no worse off because of it!



Funniest part of this story was that when the bag began to overflow Joe said "wow you will have something fun to blog about here!" Haha, I love him!

2 comments:

Susan Holt Simpson said...

I'm thinking of taking my tall tall annoying plants out, too. We're eyeing each other across the yard --- they're going down soon.

the mama said...

Monnie looks just like you in that picture! Well, minus about 3-4 pounds!
I LOVE it!