I have been hearing a lot about
Tammysrecipies.com from my blogging friends and I had never checked it out until this week. You guys are right, its Great! Last night for dinner I made
Italian Cream Cheese Chicken over Pasta. Naturally I couldn't just follow the recipe
completely. I added some minced garlic butter to the sauce, used tenderloins so I wouldn't have to cut chicken. It was really yummy however it tasted like a simpler version of the garlic chicken that our family has been eating for a long time. The nice part was that it was REALLY easy and didn't take any time at all! Annie sat on the counter and watched me cook and chop
veggies and I talked to her about what I was doing the whole time and let her taste anything she wanted (except the raw onion). It was so much fun, she was so into it!
Today after I let her make another batch of chocolate pudding (don't judge its a cheap easy project with a tasty low fat result) I decided to make
Cinnamon Crunch Granola. I picked up the ingredients yesterday at the grocery store because I had just run out of flax seed! Oh no wait I have NEVER had flax seed in my house the wheat germ I had for 4+ years so I thought it was time for a new jar :o)
I knew Annie would be the perfect baking buddy when I pulled my giant bowl out of the cabinet and she gasped, said "
Ohhhhh" and clapped her hands. Oh thank you sweet Jesus, my thoughts exactly!

Baking Buddies

Ready to get started, she loves the step stool!

She loved adding and tasting all the different ingredients, the shaved coconut was her favorite

I have a feeling when she gets older she will be one of those classy women like Melissa who likes to drink wine while she cooks... lets just hope she manages to keep the granola out of her wine glass unlike my glass of juice. ;o)

She decided to sit down and sing a song while we waited for the granola to bake... I love her!
Ahhhh a cooking buddy, I
foresee great things in our future...
6 comments:
Oh, how wonderful to have a Baking Buddy that sings, claps with glee, and wears a cute apron! Blessings overflowing you!
So cute! We have made that chicken, too. Everyone liked it, but for whatever reason, I only made it once.
And ... pffft. Classy. The entire time I was making dinner tonight, I was thinking, "What the heck is that disgusting smell?" I kept sniffing food and looking around for the culprit. Toward the end of my time in the kitchen, I realized it was the shoulder of my shirt that had been spit up on so many times during the day that it just sort of smelled like mildew and vomit. So yeah .. totally classy cooking there. Wine or no wine, when you are cooking and you smell like barf, you are not so classy.
Having a girls (or at least one, as in my case) is so great, isn't it?! Glad you have a sweet kitchen helper. :)
a girl .. not a girls.
I make Tammy's yellow rice all the time. Love it!!! Annie is getting to be such a big girl. It is so fun when they can really start participating in the everyday goings on of the house in a meaningful way. Enjoy your sweet little cooking cheerleader. Lord knows we all need one!
Oh, that is so CUTE! Annie is a doll! Her little apron is precious and it sounds like she's found a good, wholesome hobby. Someday soon she'll be making dinner for YOU! Won't that be nice?
Just like her mama! Always willing to help in the kitchen.
Adorable pictures!
Post a Comment