Friday, May 21, 2010

Pictures and Things

How sad is it that I am letting my child sit in front of the T.V while she eats right now just because she complained when I told her she had to sit in her high chair to eat cereal? I am having such a hard time with her throwing fits. I have spied a tooth coming in so I feel like that gives her a little bit of an excuse besides just early terrible two's. But I find myself either constantly disciplining, fighting with her, or compromising and giving her something I know will appease her. Like yesterdays fit in the grocery store because she wanted a banana and not sit in the cart, since it was a 5 second run to the store for Aunt Kelly I gave in and shoved a pacifier in her mouth which pleased her and Aunt Kel very much since she said she won the loudest child in the store award!
Anyway this post was supposed to be more fun than the fact that I have an emotional and difficult child right now :o)

What the Living room looked like during the rehab work with the awful blue color and dark trim

The living room this morning with child watching PBS and all! I LOVE the white trim and the 2 big book shelves that I am not feeling very creative about... however there is about 5 feet between the couch and the shelves that is perfect for hiding Annies toys!

Annie on our first morning in the new house helping unpack her refrigerator magnets

Joes nephews and Annie in a picture taken for mothers day. Brady the 6 month old is standing in the back because he doesn't bend well and is so strong that Carter cant hold onto him he ends up flipping backwards. So Charlotte held him and I edited her out of the picture :o)

Having a popcorn 'dessert' after a picnic lunch in the backyard

3 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

Your house is beautiful. And I resonate with you on the fit throwing. I feel like all I do with Annelise is discipline all day. But I keep telling myself that it'll pay off later. Keep up the great work.

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Wow! The paint on the walls and bookcase - it's outstanding! And a little PBS in a highchair never hurt anyone. :0)

Gina T. said...

Your house is beautiful! I wouldnt get much done with Levi if it wasnt for Super Why. Sometimes you do what you have to do! Hang in there.