Monday, May 17, 2010

First Day in The New House

I began typing this on Monday night and was unable to finish. However I wanted to share it with you all so just pretend like it is Monday May 17th :o)



It has happened, the day has arrived! I live in my very own home! We arrived late yesterday afternoon and with help from Joe's mom and George we got the living room furniture in place on the area rug and the hard wood floors were all mopped by me on my hands and knees! I love a good clean floor. I decided that the pro's of mopping 2 rooms on your hands and knees is that its a good position to help encourage baby girl to flip, the cons of spending all that time down there is heartburn :o)


Last night after dinner at Joe's moms while I washed our sheets we came home and put our nice freshly washed sheets on My Very Own Bed!!! Let me tell you, after spending 6 weeks in a full size bed our Queen size bed felt like a King! I didn't really sleep any differently than I have been, however when I woke up I was so comfortable that I didn't need to cry, curse or go to the couch which is what I have been doing lately :o)

Annie slept fairly well considering she was in a new room, a new bed, with the street light streaming in the uncovered window.

This morning after serving Annie stale cheerios out of her diaper bag and yesterdays leftover cup of juice out of the fridge, Joe's mom called and offered to come over and help me get things organized! She was a Godsend! I was feeling QUITE overwhelmed just looking around at all the boxes that needed unpacking and the things that needed to be cleaned. I was fine with getting it done little by little over the next few weeks, however I couldn't decide what to do first. Gerri also offered to bring over a bedroom set for Annie's room that used to be her girls! Our plan was to use the Antique bedroom set that we had in the guest bedroom at the old house but this one is much more fun and kid friendly! Now we can set up the other one in the basement and still have a place for guests!


Gerri shows up with Joe's 6 month old nephew (his playmat, excersaucer, bouncy seat and toys for entertainment) 2 dressers and a smaller 3 drawer chest, her sewing kit and sewing machine just in case we get around to making curtains!!!!!


Guess what... we accomplished everything I could have imagined and more! The woman is a work horse and I was inspired by her drive! We unpacked about 4 boxes in the kitchen, rearranged the pantry, mopped the floor, dusted the Dining Room furniture, mopped the floor, stacked Dining Room boxes (as the hutch hasn't been put together yet) Arranged Annies furniture and put her clothes and toys away, unpacked about 5 boxes in our room and put all of our clothes away, arranged towels in the linen closet and things under the bathroom sink, carried boxes in from the garage and unpacked them or put them in the places where they needed to go, then headed to the basement to arrange all the boxes that were going to remain in storage! I now have a wall of Christmas boxes, a space for baby clothes and an wall of general storage things! We pulled out all the heavy boxes and furniture so that Joe could bring them upstairs when he got home and this all happened between the hours of 10 and 5!!!


I was SO happy that we completed all of these things and that I didn't get called into work because I was on call from 11-11 so I got paid $3 an hour to work at my house :o) What a deal!


So that is the story of my first day in our new house. I will have more fun stories and pictures to come!


2 comments:

Lauren said...

yay! so glad you are finally at home! I'm feeling lazy after reading everything youve done--and your pregnant so I have NO excuse for barely getting a load of laundry done :) Call me if you need anymore help getting things settled!

Susan Holt Simpson said...

WOW! Workhorse is right! Go MILaw!