Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

As Annie cried out tonight from her "bed" (which is a pack-n-play in the corner of Aunt Char's guest room) with a semi awake, scared, sob I jumped at the chance to go in and rock her in my arms one more time on Mothers Day. She has been going to sleep without a word for about 3 weeks now and without a bottle for a week! I think the nice weather and the longer days have afforded us one tired girl once bed time arrives that she simply falls asleep without a fight. As I looked at her in the dark and tried to balance her over my growing belly I couldn't believe how big she has gotten.
I must say I am not upset about how big she is, I am having so much fun with her right now at this age.
I am glad there is a day to honor Moms and it made me think of all the things that make us the mothers that we are. I suppose I actually became a mother about 37 weeks before this picture was taken and realized it about 3o weeks before this time. Sadly I don't have a picture of myself pacing around the house that day saying "Oh my God" with a big smile on my face! Or a picture of Joe's face at dinner when I told him that he was going to be a dad.

Mothers Day also made me think a lot about my Momma and how I love her too much! I must say that even though she is The Very Best Momma in the whole world hands down most of my life she was just "the momma". I love that we have a connection now that I know what its like to have children of my own and the pride and love you feel when you look at them and interact with them through the day. I know my Mom felt this way because she kept increasing her joy 5 times! I am sure that things like the terrible two's and teenagers probably gave my mom feelings other than joy and pride and I am sure I will experience these things as well. And I am excited to experience the joys of mothering more than one spoiled little girl :o)

Happy Belated Mothers Day my Blogging Friends!

2 comments:

the mama said...

Hey! Someone is supposed to call and tell me to read your blog when your saying such kindness! Okay, I guess this makes up for a 10# 2.5 oz birth!
Thank you for giving me many happy mothers days.

BabyRousseau said...

i just saw you picture, and thought "oh my! katie had her baby and no one even told me!".....then i read on. haha oops! katie, you are quite the talented writer. i love reading your blog.