2 years ago I decided to take up knitting during March madness thinking that I would sit and be with my husband as he watches all this Basketball. I started a baby blanket that to this day sits at about 4 inches long and covered in dust.
Last year I was ending my first trimester and March Madness was a good excuse to sleep :o)
This year I decided to fill out a bracket. I am into basketball a little tiny bit more because of going to all of the High School games and so I figured that if I had someone to root for then I would want to watch the games. Joe printed me a form to fill out and I handed it back to him to compare to his. He yells at me from 3 rooms away "did you even look at these little numbers next to the names of the teams?" Me:"Ummmm no, I honestly didn't even see the little numbers"
See evidently next to each team is their ranking or "seed" which, by the way, I think is just a hilarious word, but don't worry I won't go there with my husband. I tried to join in on BB conversations with him a little bit this year in regards to his HS team and I just got these quizzical looks and "what are you talking about" to which I really couldn't answer! So evidently I have a 15 seed going to the final 4 and only twice in history has a 15 seed ever made it to the final four. To this I confidently replied " I always root for the underdog"
I haven't picked up my nicely filled out bracket since! :o)
Forget-Me-Not Thoughts
1 month ago

2 comments:
I'm thinking you should pick up that knitting again.
I can sympathize - I didn't realize that there was anything basketball related going on until I read your post today. What I would do is have fun with it. Say things like "How much time is left in this quarter?" or "Wow, he just made a home run!". Even better, comment on how well or poorly the uniforms are designed. He'll be begging you to leave the room and work on your blanket.
Post a Comment