Monday, January 19, 2009

There Is Rest for My Soul

Lest my previous blog entry sound like a whine fest. I feel compelled to share with you what has been getting me through this last week. People (mostly women) keep coming up to me and calling me and saying the same thing "How scary, I just don't know how I would live" or "will Annie sleep in your room until she is 25?" So besides that song that I learned as a small child "when I am afraid I will trust in Him, I will trust in Him, I will trust in Him" here is what the Lord has equipped me with.

Isaiah 41:13 For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear, I will help you.
I use this one in the middle of the night holding my right hand out in a fist while I say it to myself :o)

Proverbs 1:33 Whoever listens to me will live in safety & be at ease without fear of harm.

2 Tim 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit of fear but of Power & Love & a Sound Mind
(Good for when you think you are going to go crazy with all of your thoughts)

Proverbs 3:24 When you lie down you will not be afraid... your sleep will be sweet.
(I LOVE this one, its my favorite, who doesn't want sweet sleep? I thought that it would be a good one to teach children.)

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength

Prov 29:25b whoso puts his trust in the lord shall be safe.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you...let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid.

And all of this I can rely on based on Prov 3:26 The lord will be your confidence!!

I just keep telling people that even though someone was in my home and I didn't know it. I was safe, Annie was safe. The strong desire that I have as a mother to protect my child, and the equally strong feeling Joe has to protect Annie and I, is the same (if not stronger) feeling that the Lord has to protect all three of us. The only difference is that the Lord has the ability to, so I can rest in Him!

3 comments:

krissy said...

ps. 4:8 I lie down and sleep I rest in peace for you alone oh lord make me safe in safety.
(it's "sleep in safety" but buddys version is better)
And thanks for posting. I'm going to turn off my computer and go to sleep in safety right now!

krissy said...

and i love your new back ground

Kimberly said...

Amen, sister!